• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Small block Chevy (LS) swap

Hoooooboy. Sorry but I feel like you're gonna have a hard time with this, get frustrated and then just sell a 240 she'll to the junkyard.

I think you need to realistically think this out and maybe work your way up to it. Getting and engine and using something like sts mounts can be the easiest part. It's all the little stuff that makes things like this a challenge. Dealing with the right intake the accessories, what did system, making it work with the stock wiring, plumbing, cooling etc. That's the nitty gritty that trips people up. It's stuff like that makes the budgets and time lines go up. Not saying you can't do it. But just trying to paint a realistic picture here. And you said you had a friend that was going to help you out. You can't always depend on that. Maybe he's a great friend and can but sometimes life happens. He may not be as available or always know what to do. You have to count on yourself first.

Honestly the only thing I'm worried about is the wiring harness, fuel system, and bolting a TH350 to an LS motor. Everything else seems moderately easy, I plan on just buying the parts one by one and then doing the swap, that'll definetaly save time instead of waiting for the parts. The only reason I'm worried about the wiring harness is because I don't know what you can and can't remove from it, I'm going to do some research and print out the diagram for the harness. Other than that I feel like it'd be doable to cram it together in about a month with everything ready to go. Does that sound feasible?

Honestly the only thing I'm worried about is the wiring harness, fuel system, and bolting a TH350 to an LS motor. Everything else seems moderately easy, I plan on just buying the parts one by one and then doing the swap, that'll definetaly save time instead of waiting for the parts. The only reason I'm worried about the wiring harness is because I don't know what you can and can't remove from it, I'm going to do some research and print out the diagram for the harness. Other than that I feel like it'd be doable to cram it together in about a month with everything ready to go. Does that sound feasible?

A month? Do you have any other responsibilities?

Money makes things easy. There are standalone harness for every conceivable motor/trans/pcm combo you pick, they can come with dedicated fuse boxes, but prepare for $500-$700.

It all adds up fast.

For the harness, you get a stock computer and harness, and send it to a wiring service through ebay. they send you back an ecu with the anti-theft and other modules removed and harness that connects to the existing wiring with 3 wires.

I'm a noob mechanic and pretty terrible fabricator - I spent over a year doing the swap and that was with a lift/ full auto shop to use. Plus help from a few buddies that know this stuff. That was after I had learned a lot about the stock motor and car in general doing turbo swaps and aftermarket ECU conversions etc. It will be difficult to buy all your stuff ahead of time because you are engineering a lot of stuff as you go - so it's not always clear what you will need until you get to that part of the project.

Good luck!

It will be difficult to buy all your stuff ahead of time because you are engineering a lot of stuff as you go - so it's not always clear what you will need until you get to that part of the project.

THIS^ 100% Also it depends on what options you want to run. Example FlexFuel E85, A/C, Factory gauges, etc

Money makes things easy. There are standalone harness for every conceivable motor/trans/pcm combo you pick, they can come with dedicated fuse boxes, but prepare for $500-$700.

It all adds up fast.

Again THIS^ 100%... Sloppy can save money, but a clean install takes more specialized parts and integration tactics. Even Sloppy costs real $.

Hell IDK, maybe you are balling out of control and have Benjamins to burn, but really plan on 4-5K to make it happen. +Car cost + Stage 0 / Suspension costs. So plan for 10k all in. At that point, you can buy really great cars that will run 13s already and save money. These conversions are more of a personal novelty, not investments, nor best ET in group, just toys in good fun.

Back