• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

AW70 not shifting after OD seleniod bypass install

Matt244

my car is a 92 244 it was having some issues with the OD seleniod before. its only shifted into 4th after driving for a while and the trans got hot. I figured it was the OD Seleniod so I ordered an IPD byass plate installed it and now it wont shift from 1st gear at all. shifts from park/neutral/reverse into drive but wont shift from first when you go to drive. I checked fluid and it's operating range. maybe a piece of trash got in it when changing the seleniod? drop the oan change the filter? Did I Install backwards maybe?

How many O-rings did you use? Make sure the trans has enough ATF.
both orings came off with the old one. I started it without it on there and it moving fluid. it wasnt leaking. I checked the fluid and it seemed ok it was in the cross hairs.

I put the seleniod back in and it shifts again. The fluid looks like it's done. its dark and really thin some maybe its not building enough pressure.

Inner o ring should not be used with bypass plate and make sure you installing right way, not in reverse.

only used tge oring the bypass came with. had the slot towards the front of the car. the kickdown cable does seem to be hanging up. so i think that needs replaced as well ahvent had time to mess with it yet.

The O-ring that came with my bypass plate from IPD was too thin to seal properly, resulting in a fluid leak. A fluid leak at that location would cause not going into overdrive. I ended up using a slightly thicker O-ring.

The O-ring that came with my bypass plate from IPD was too thin to seal properly, resulting in a fluid leak. A fluid leak at that location would cause not going into overdrive. I ended up using a slightly thicker O-ring.

it wouldnt even shift from first much less into OD with the bypass. it wasnt leaking either.

Back