• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Mounting BBS RS

cast94

Ok so for my 1989 Volvo 240 DL Wagon I found a set of BBS RS wheels that are in pieces but they can be brought back to life with a paint job and new bolts. The only issue is i am not sure if the offset is going to work for me. The wheels are all 16in. 2 are 16x7 with an offset of ET11. The other 2 are 16x8 offset ET24. The center bore for the wheels is 72.5. And the bolt pattern is 5x120

I am going to get 65.1 bore (stock Volvo 240 bore) hubcentric adapters to go from 5x108 to 5x120. And then I was going to buy hubcentric rings that go from 65.1 to 72.5 to go on the outside of the adpater for the BBS wheels.

My question is what mm adapters would I need (front and back) to make these wheels fit right and give me a proper stance without sticking in or out too far?

I also just bought B&G S2 sport lowering springs so the car will be sitting slightly lower than stock

Thanks for the help

The holes would be way too close together how would I do that

You don't drill on the same line. Think about all the 'universal fitment' rims the FWD guys use.

So you spin it and make a new set. There is a bolt hole every 72 degrees. Afterward you'd have a 5x120 hole every 72 degrees and 36 degrees offset would be a 5x108 set. Hopefully that math is correct.

BBS RS wheels have a center cap and behind the center cap is the hub and stuff - wouldn't be ugly or anything.

edit: for the centerbore, get some hub cenetering rings. Should cost ~35ish for a set of four?
I've had better luck with the aluminum ones. I think I broke two of my four plastic?

http://us.hubcentric-rings.com/

You could probably pull it off with 19mm adapters and rolling your fenders if one pair is only 7". Et -8 should be fine and not poke with a wheel that width. Also you don't need to order adapters and then hub rings. Just have the adapters made with the proper lip on the outside. Call Motorsport Tech with your measurements and just let them do the hard part.

Otherwise you'll have to redrill the wheels or buy new lips. Lips for those will be really common.

Nance, so a 19mm adapter would work for me for the front wheels with the 7in diameter? What about the rears with the et24 8in wide?

What about the offsets for my car? It'd be a ET11 in the front and ET24 in the back? Seems like I would need spacers

Re-drilling would almost make them fit like stock wheels.

*almost

Nance, so a 19mm adapter would work for me for the front wheels with the 7in diameter? What about the rears with the et24 8in wide?

You'll have to roll all four fenders and trim your wheel studs but it should be fine.

You don't drill on the same line. Think about all the 'universal fitment' rims the FWD guys use.

So you spin it and make a new set. There is a bolt hole every 72 degrees. Afterward you'd have a 5x120 hole every 72 degrees and 36 degrees offset would be a 5x108 set. Hopefully that math is correct.

BBS RS wheels have a center cap and behind the center cap is the hub and stuff - wouldn't be ugly or anything.

edit: for the centerbore, get some hub cenetering rings. Should cost ~35ish for a set of four?
I've had better luck with the aluminum ones. I think I broke two of my four plastic?

http://us.hubcentric-rings.com/

You might not be able to do that if the pockets are machined out of the back. On the two sets ive had, I couldnt do that.

Mine were redrilled by a shop that knows what they are doing and they fit just fine. and look sooooo good

Do they look like this?

12718120_10105973746056911_2450001707799553640_n.jpg

You might not be able to do that if the pockets are machined out of the back. On the two sets ive had, I couldnt do that.

On style 5 there are no pockets of the backside of the wheels. So redrilling wouldn't be a problem. On my style 42s I have I think there are pockets though.

Back