• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1st oversize forged 81.4mm Whiteblock pistons

poulrais

So my B6284t blockguarded block's bores are out of round and I'll have to go to 1st oversize pistons... I can Topline 81.4mm cast pistons and rings for around $725 USD but I was wondering what would be the difference in price for a set of custom forged Whiteblock pistons. Wiseco has them but I've heard that they can crack quite easily.

Is this a true known fact? What are the other sources for Whiteblock forged pistons for the 81mm bore block?

W?ssner. Stock piston is similar to Wiseco they also can deliver pistons with the changes/dimensions you want. Also Ross and JE can deliver pistons.

W?ssner. Stock piston is similar to Wiseco they also can deliver pistons with the changes/dimensions you want. Also Ross and JE can deliver pistons.

I checked those 3 manufacturers and none are listing pistons for Volvo applications. I guess I'll have to email them a request... Thanks for the info!

W?ssner does not have Volvo pistons directly in the catalog anymore. They have to be bought as a custom option. And I know people have used JE pistons for 4-cyl whiteblocks. Stock oversize bore is 81.5mm.

Are these Wiseco forged pistons really so bad? I'm waiting on a quote for a set of 6 X 81.5mm Wiseco forged pistons that should come out under $1000 USD.

Are these Wiseco forged pistons really so bad? I'm waiting on a quote for a set of 6 X 81.5mm Wiseco forged pistons that should come out under $1000 USD.

I have the Wiseco 81.5 in my car, but its a 2.3 5 cyl with 9:1 compression. Had them for about 5 years. Cost me ~ $600 at the time, still doing well.

That is the right one, I raised compression a bit with a custom order.

Not familiar with the 6cyl you are using, are they 139.5 connecting rods?

What are people doing for 2.3 pistons for T5 RN motor with the longer rods?

Stock narrow low comp turbo pistons are supposedly good for about 115hp/hole.

Don't know but the EBay seller who had the 5 X 81.5mm Wiseco forged pistons kit just returned to me saying that he can't supply a set of 6 pistons. So I'm back to square uno...

Why is it so complicated to order a set of 6 f*cking pistons!!!

EDIT: I just wrote directly to Wiseco asking them how I can buy a set of 6 forged pistons for my application...

Last edited:
i know forged is expensive the slugs i just had made for my big block Chevy were 1200 without pins, but I'd rather have the extra insurance in case it detonates, this will be my first build with zero Gap rings but they say it's not uncommon to have 1-2 percent leak down rates. we shall see. but i guess my point is almost 2k for the Pistons, pins and rings for a common Chevy engine but i plan on at least 700-800 h.p. and I'm done using cheap Chinese rods and ****. to much work to have a failure to save a couple of hundred bucks

Last edited:
Back