• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Evil Penguin Wagon

The gold box isn't even remotely water resistant but it has 4l80e control and bump capability. The diy pro box is smaller and water resistant, but no trans control.

Because I am running the SS camaro exhaust manifolds backwards the stock GM dipstick tube doesn't fit, and I destroyed it trying to make it work… eventually I after spending hours screwing around with it and then giving up, I cut it in three pieces, threw away the middle, and spliced in some ⅜ x .035 wall 304 stainless tube and bending it around the outside of the exhaust. Good grief… normally I am not OCD about ****, but this got out of control…

And the current status of the engine bay.

I also got a set of single round headlights from a guy in katy, they look like they may work with some careful cutting, but the grill he had is busted up pretty bad so that isn't a done deal yet, and I would have to find a flat hood in order to run the single headlights so… $$$ :(

I am not sure if this is going to be better than round quad's with the inner blocked off, if it is, I am still going to need a grill and a flat hood….

A little help on this: (also posted in general)
Is the core support different on an 84 vs cars with single round headlights?

I am trying to figure out a headlight setup for my car that will work with my intercooler. I thought I had a good solution, but the plastic spacer seems to be wrong, the headlight sticks out past the bezel by about an inch.

Do other single round "bezel" designs move the headlight out about an inch, or is the core support different?

Moving the headlight forward will help my situation a lot, installing it without the spacer will require cutting off one of the retaining clips.

Last edited:
This is stupid and I love it.
If you want a free (+shipping) flathood grille you can have mine, it's missing half the slash, and not in great shape, but would match the car perfectly.

Then just chop the front off the coffin hood to make it a semi-flat hood, sorta cowl induction-ish.

It would work

A small update.

Got a made in USA tail pipe!

Got a genuine (used) Dana 44 1350 Spicer yoke for $55 shipped off eBay, originally from some sort of Jeep. I wasn't 100% sure it was going to work, but it fit perfect.

Unfortunately I think i am going to need to buy a set of u-joint straps, I am pretty sure this isn't right.

I am going to order a 3" dia. steel 46.5" C-C driveshaft off eBay tomorrow for $200 shipped. The critical speed on a shaft that short is high enough I don't think I will ever have any issue with it so I am not too worried about going cheap on it.

If you have the 8.8 diff a foxbody shaft fits perfect. I added an aluminum f150 lift kit spacer on the diff flange for a tad more engagement on the trans it's also 3"

Got some 2" v-bands and some sweet mandrel 2" aluminized tubing from Vibrant Racing pleasantly surprised that it was from Canada!

Used it to finish up my exhaust system. I wish I had done the passenger side motor mount differently my brace going to the body made it much more complicated to fit the exhaust pipe, but in the end it will work and has the same ground clearance as the transmission pan.

Any suggestions on a 4" electric cutout that is not made in China?

I found an eBay seller "drivelinesource" located in Houston selling any length 3" driveshafts with 1350 joints for $200, I was a bit skeptical, but it turns out they are actually a real full service Spicer Driveline Shop, I called yesterday, they had it ready at noon today. I am really happy with how fast Gary got it finished, and it appears to be very good quality workmanship.

A few days ago I ordered the correct genuine Spicer P/N 3-70-28X straps & small hex head bolts for the Dana 44 1350 rear yoke from a place in North Carolina? and of course they sent me made in China u bolts for a Ford instead... so I can't install my new driveshaft.

After the USPS sort of lost it for a few days, another fairly small item that cost way more than car arrived today. :-(

In case anyone is considering this system, this is what you get:

ECU with three main connections, plus a port for a USB cable and an SD Card port for data logging. (the harness also has an RCA connection for connecting with a serial port)

The memory stick has the basic installation instructions for the engine harness, trans harness, basic startup tunes for 24 tooth & 58 tooth, and basic transmission tunes.

complete harness with basic fuse block and main relay, including the harness for the 4L80e (Note: It only hooks up to one of the transmission shaft speed sensors, so it can not monitor internal transmission slipping).

The harness is pretty nice, every wire is clearly marked every 6", the terminals crimps look very good.

It would be nice if they would use split loom with a higher temp range, but other than that it is pretty good quality. (way better than the stuff we install on forklifts at work..)

They also include a bunch labeled wires with the terminal crimped for the ECU end for the less common options that the ECU can use: 1st stage Nitrous In & Out, 2nd Stage Nitrous In & Out, 2 step, boost control, VVT control, Data Log Start/Stop, etc?

Small update, sorry no photos since none of it is really particularly interesting.

Transmission harness cut, pinned and installed.
Engine harness cut, pinned, and installed
Fuel Pressure & Oil pressure sensor wiring installed
14.7 Spartan wide band installed.
450 walbro, corvette filter/regulator & fittings on the way.

Still need to decide on injectors, the vette regulator will be at 58 psi, so the cheap deka 80 injectors may be a bit big for this mild of an engine. I am thinking about 60's instead...

Also trying to convince myself to buy a racepak IQ for the dash, but I have never driven a car with one before so I can't decide if it is really worth the money...

Small update, sorry no photos since none of it is really particularly interesting.

Transmission harness cut, pinned and installed.
Engine harness cut, pinned, and installed
Fuel Pressure & Oil pressure sensor wiring installed
14.7 Spartan wide band installed.
450 walbro, corvette filter/regulator & fittings on the way.

Still need to decide on injectors, the vette regulator will be at 58 psi, so the cheap deka 80 injectors may be a bit big for this mild of an engine. I am thinking about 60's instead...

Also trying to convince myself to buy a racepak IQ for the dash, but I have never driven a car with one before so I can't decide if it is really worth the money...

You are gonna wanna return that Corvette regulator and convert to a boost referenced return style fuel system

Back