• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

83 242 V8 LQ4 swap

55superbeetle

I guess I'm far enough along to start a build thread. The motor is a 2003 lq4 6 liter out of a Denali. Its basically a cast iron LS1. I mated it to a turbo 400 trans and i'm installing a ford 8.8 in the rear. I uses 2009 charger brakes up front with redrilled hubs and just the stock ford stuff in the rear. Wheels are just rattle canned 17" charger steelies. Injection will be handled by megasquirt because they want way too much money for the hack for the stock ecu.

I have built a lot of cars mostly turbo 4 banger stuff so I thought it was time for a chage. I am also doing this on a crazy tight budget. My original plan was to go turbo right off the bat but I recently found out I'm going to be a dad so it's going to stay NA for awhile.....but it makes around 340hp 380tq stock so it wont be that slow. I might try to sneak in a ls6 cam if I can score one for cheap.

098.jpg

102.jpg

103.jpg

108.jpg

112.jpg

015.jpg

014.jpg

7b4772c8.jpg

20dce543.jpg

7e29aabf.jpg

e920a094.jpg

6b656cad.jpg

9f44054a.jpg

015.jpg

WOW! :drool:

I think I would have been more inclined to go LSX if there were something like this in the marketplace!

Amazing craftsmanship...this'll be the best example of an LSX, er V8 powered 240 evah!

Keep it up and keep it classy!

Lovin it! How much ground clearance do you have with the new x-member?

Do you have plans to switch to another oil pan in the future or are you concerned about the depth of the truck oil pan?

about time someone did this with earnest!

Your next step should be to turbo the hell out of it like the Parish guys on LS1tech.com

I thought the trucks had the really ugly lookin ram style intake, you swap out an LS!/6 unit for induction?

What's bolt pattern on the charger wheels? Adapters, wobblyheaded bob nuts?

I think i already love this car

Back