• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 Timing Belt

DD Ranch

The 85 245 is approaching 250k.

Time for the timing belt.

FCP has Contitech and Gates belts in a kit.

In the times it's been done before I'm sure it hasn't had a Gates belt. I can't see how spending twice as much is really going to be worth it. Is it?

Are you referring to the Gates blue belt? That is a horse of a different color. The blue belt is for racing or a long life road product. A lot stronger than a stock belt. You could probably run the blue belt for 100k miles. One of the members here worked with Gates to produce that belt. Knox Motorsports as I recall.

If you're using the belts is a way that they're snapping, maybe a kevlar-reinforced blue one is attractive.
If instead you're just getting worn cracked rubber or reaching replacement intervals without issue like most people, then what are you seeking to gain by adding a layer of an additional material to the belt?
Longevity is not the intention of that product, strength is.

i have used everything from supper cheap e-Bay belts with no name to the contitech kit never had a issues with any of them. my engine is stock tho. i kinda like the contitech kit that comes with the tensioner. do your the oil seals while your in there. make sure to measure their depth before removal. I don't like Goodyear products myself i think the accesory belts suck but never had at- belt break from then

Last edited:
Back