• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Weight of complete M46 swap

mbolton1990

Anybody know the weight of a complete m46 swap out of a 240 Turbo?
Got it all on a pallet (driveshaft, trans, pedal assembly,etc) and need a weight estimate for the shipping company.

Thanks!

I agree.

I just shipped a rebuilt M410 which is the predecessor to the M46 and crated it weighed about 145 lbs and I figure the crate weighed about 15-20 lbs.

Nowhere near that much. I shipped an M46 to a member on here a couple of months ago. The M46 with bell housing and OD unit with no shifter cage or handle weighed 100 lb packed. I used one of those plastic storage totes with a 1/2" thick strip of plywood across the bottom of it and a vertical 1/2" thick piece of plywood bolted to the bell housing. It also had a 2X4 block for the OD to sit on with plumber's strap wrapped around the OD case and screwed to the 2X4. Shipped, FedEx home delivery to an apartment. Add the flywheel, pressure plate, T.O.bearing, fork etc to that and the weight approaches 140 lb, or more.

Nowhere near that much. I shipped an M46 to a member on here a couple of months ago. The M46 with bell housing and OD unit with no shifter cage or handle weighed 100 lb packed. I used one of those plastic storage totes with a 1/2" thick strip of plywood across the bottom of it and a vertical 1/2" thick piece of plywood bolted to the bell housing. It also had a 2X4 block for the OD to sit on with plumber's strap wrapped around the OD case and screwed to the 2X4. Shipped, FedEx home delivery to an apartment. Add the flywheel, pressure plate, T.O.bearing, fork etc to that and the weight approaches 140 lb, or more.

Was that an aluminum or an iron unit?

Back