• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

740 Subframe Reinforcement?

morganpartee

How did you guys do it?

Obviously welding up any cracks that exist as it stands, and maybe boxing it in?

I'm about to have traction, and remembered that the subframe will likely be the next thing to go. So, give me ideas!

Thanks- Morgan

that's about it. spherical bearing rod ends and threaded rod to replace the aluminum torque rods are a good idea too. I boxed the top where the ears slide into the dogbone mount, and bolted it straight to the body, got rid of the dogbone. once you take it off the car you'll see what I'm referring to.

Very cool. I'm thinking I'll grab one from the junkyard and patch it up, and swap that in.

Likely will just box in as much as I see fit, and drop that in.

IMG_0001 (Large).JPG

IMG_0002 (Large).JPG

IMG_0003 (Large).JPG

IMG_0004 (Large).JPG

IMG_0005 (Large).JPG

IMG_0006 (Large).JPG

IPD should have torque rods with poly bushings for 7 series soon. Upper one steel tube with ends with poly bushings and lower longer one will be adjustable to adjust pinion angle. Like 240 ones but only one adjustable, the lower easier to get to one. I am going to box up the subframe on mine also and run the IPD rods.

Simon

Yup, Superpro has the ENTIRE rear end in poly except the front subframe to chassis bushing. I'm assuming you're talking about the aluminum frame-mounted bracket for the rear of the subframe? SPF3121K.

Back