• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Bought this for cheap (T6 content)

Funkee

So my in law texted me while I was in the land of moose and bears, tire marks everywhere, whistling Holsets, MK18s on every car and expensive beer that there was a dirt cheap S80 T6 for sale in my country of origin, the land of windmills, cheap beer, short cut women and actually edible cheese.

So I was like gotta have but it'd be gone probably when I get back home (week later).
Turned out it was still for sale, so I rented a flatback and headed up north an hour.
The gearbox was said to be broken, would turn off the car when hitting 4th.
Made a test drive but it was all slipping throughout all gears. Whatever.
Engine sounded real good, car looked well maintained as well. Let's buy it :)
Unfortunately after the payment when I wanted to drive it up the hauler it didn't move a bit.
Trans oil was nowhere to be found on the dipstick. Luckily there was a winch on the truck, so no problem.

Bought it for €450. 'Low' miles (219000km), dealer serviced and almost immaculate leather interior. Also feaux 16" Eudoras. Parting it out now and keeping the engine and some other parts.

TL;DR?
Bought a T6 and I also still have my '74 242, well you can do the math.
Next couple of months I'll be busy with the body, has quite some rust around the rear arches and windshield. Will add coilovers, panhard or watts link, some mild upgrades to build a powerful streeter. Also some mild body customizing, interior and so on and so on.. :nod:

Also gotta figure out how to handle the CVVT. For engine management I'm probably going to use EFIgnition, a Dutch product which looks really solid and has been around for some time. They offer personal support and courses whilst being not expensive. Not out for crazy numbers, aiming for reliability and ease.

I'll start a build topic when I get to it.

Last edited:
haha that intro lol

but cool a t6 in a 242, that are some nice ingredients!

i'm going to keep an eye on this build! whiteblock swap is on top of my list now. tranny an pan or waiting to be mated to a t5 engine.
what gearbox you are going to use?

I kinda played with the idea of using an auto, just cause I like it and the fact it's going to be be a street car, maybe some drag racing once in a while.
But, my friend of course told me to man up so I'm just going M90 I guess. So next objective is a S/V90 or 960 with a blown gasket or accidental damage :)

auto is cool but it than it needs more computers i tink. also search the junkyards for a old 960 manual, i had some luck 2 weeks ago. that's why i'm now in the whiteblocks haha.

Better quit buying eBay/AliExpress LED bulbs, Chinesium turbos, manifolds, Dave Barton badges, 3D printed snow covers, iPhone displays etc as well then.

I found the topic about EFIgnition and honestly I didn't know.
Apart from the infringement the guy is in the business for over 12 years with similar products and teaching in schools. Not really doubting the support, not a one day fly. He's only a 100 miles away so other than living in the US or wherever it is pretty close by for on the scene support for me.

Gets me thinking, haven't decided yet on EMS.

Better quit buying eBay/AliExpress LED bulbs, Chinesium turbos, manifolds, Dave Barton badges, 3D printed snow covers, iPhone displays etc as well then.

I don't think people should buy these things either.

I found the topic about EFIgnition and honestly I didn't know.
Apart from the infringement the guy is in the business for over 12 years with similar products and teaching in schools. Not really doubting the support, not a one day fly. He's only a 100 miles away so other than living in the US or wherever it is pretty close by for on the scene support for me.

Gets me thinking, haven't decided yet on EMS.

One lawsuit and he's done, along with your support. Proximity to him isn't a benefit in my opinion. I highly doubt he's going to come to your house and help you with a problem if you have one. Why not just get a real megasquirt?

Too late deleting my post.. let's not go that direction as I haven't decided yet what EMS to take, will dig into it but bodywork first next year I guess.

I was really amazed by the amount of roads that were almost completely blacked out by skidmarks in Sweden. Them cray :cool:

Well they do have a lot of burnout videos on Youtube!
What are you planning on putting this motor into? I also have a T6 out of a smashed S80 that I bought to put into my 240 :D

The Eudora wheels are a nice bonus. 18" x 8", and not often seen, at least here in the US.

Yeah but they're not 18's unfortunately but 16" replicas so I sold them.
Also sold the perfect black leather interior and some other parts, so including the rental truck and fuel I already made a profit = free engine + money for parts :cool:

Long live the 242.

YES

Also I peeled the engine out yesterday. I wanted to keep the harness whole so it took me more time to get it out than I thought.
I just cut the CV axles instead of taking them out 'the right way', that took me ony 10 minutes though. Also drilled off the front inner bumper to gain a little more space to work in and around.

Fun fact. We did a test run since the gearbox held about 5 minutes of driving when cold.
I drained some ATF b/c cold it was above cold level on the dip stick. It picked up a little better than before but when hitting about 80 the hood met the windshield. Turned out I already took the whole front end of and should have known better :rofl:

So I only need to pull all wiring out (good to have some yards of color coded wire and fuse/distribution blocks in stock) before I take it to the junk yard.
Next on is sourcing an oil pan and M90.

Back