Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > Mechanical > projects & restorations

Old 04-15-2016, 06:03 PM   #101
Råda
Volvoretard/Partshoarder

Oh I love it
Old 05-10-2016, 01:40 PM   #102
Harlard
Pro Sneaker Peddler

So what's the word on IPD? I really want to see it in person...not that that matters.

Herr Harlard am Erstens

1979 242 DL

Quote:
Originally Posted by t8fanning View Post
My knob has a big chunk of steel on it
Harlard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 01:54 PM   #103
TIPSP
Got Boost?

Yeah, I would love to, but I don't think its happening this year.

It will definitely be there next year, complete with the supercharger and maybe something else.

It needs a polish and waxing, but it still has its issue. Some rust showing in small spots. The paint on the hood looks to be very thin. it might come off when polishing it hahaha.
The car looks better in pictures right now.

TIPSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 02:14 PM   #104
Lord_Athlon
Just damn

I really made the wrong choice in starting out with a 130 car.
Old 05-10-2016, 02:20 PM   #105
Matt
ICY HOT STUNTA

im gonna follwo this

SHOtime - '90 744 Turbo
The LowCar - '93 945 Turbo
Ghetto Superstar/SkidCar - '88 740
Brown - '85 740 Turbo
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 08:12 PM   #106
TIPSP
Got Boost?

So... Update.

Roger has completely dropped the ball with my custom order. I know he had issue to get sorted out.

The issues where supposed to be done in June. I now see he is back on working on orders placed last month and they are getting their parts in.

I guess I'm not doing the supercharge project anytime soon. Trying to help a member out, but come on. Almost one year with one update after being trying to get in contact with him is pretty ridiculous.

I really really do not want to fire him, but he is really pushing the limits on what I consider to be acceptable at this point.

Ending my rant/
Old 09-11-2016, 10:10 PM   #107
hiperfauto
Board Member

This guy has some experience making crank pulleys for B20's and he's local. If you can't work things out with Roger, give him a call.

http://www.clewett.com/index.php?mai...d=25&chapter=1
hiperfauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 10:57 AM   #108
blkaplan
50 shades of beige

This ain't chipotle,

Pretty sure he moved from his old work where he was moon lighting his own parts to his own shop and equipment... That's gonna cause some major delays as its not an inconsequential undertaking.
Originally Posted by DarkKratoz View Post
The only safe bet is Ben.©
blkaplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 02:28 PM   #109
TIPSP
Got Boost?

Yeah... Um. I had this order in scince feburary, he started a group buy up in April for new parts.
He then moves shops wishing the group buy. Supposed to be done June July. He then went a head and finished up the group stuff supposedly recently. I see someone placed an order end of August. That person received parts last week....

This is not about chipotle or their overpriced American burritos. This is about taking on some ones project, Then shifting their focus into a group buy months after my project was discuced with him. Then fulfilling orders that where placed last month. He has yet to give me any updates since the last one about home settling things with the moving months ago.

I know this guy does this himself. I have shown patience and accepting all his issues. But the fact he is now finished with a group buy and full filling new orders without any messages to me is unacceptable.
Old 09-12-2016, 09:31 PM   #110
77volvo245
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkaplan View Post
This ain't chipotle,

Pretty sure he moved from his old work where he was moon lighting his own parts to his own shop and equipment... That's gonna cause some major delays as its not an inconsequential undertaking.
Chipotle is gross anyways, that why I don't like doing one off parts cause it can take a lot of our production time away. One off parts don't make any money imo.

With one or 1000 pcs order there is always a deadline that needs to be met or there is consequences.

Last edited by 77volvo245; 09-13-2016 at 12:41 AM..
77volvo245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 11:54 AM   #111
TIPSP
Got Boost?

So...

Yeah. Leaving this morning for work.

I was stopped. Lady turned super wide around a corner.

Back to deal with the insurance again...

I don't want to hear it will buff out. I know that. But the work I will have to put in to this pice of **** again is unfair.

3 years on this f*****ng car driving down my street... Got it officially register in January. Not even a year of driving it.

Soooo mad. Insurance will try and screw us again.

Last edited by TIPSP; 11-02-2017 at 01:59 AM..
Old 09-30-2016, 12:14 PM   #112
amerbritcan
Hnnnnnng

That sucks dude, sorry to hear.
1967 220 amazon station wagon.
1990 244GL M47 summer DD project.
Quote:
Originally Posted by charles850t View Post
I fart and Reese Witherspoon falls out of my ass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhengisKhan View Post
I'm just a cum guzzler and I can't help myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Mom
Get a bike
Honestly I've not been to www.brickspeed.net in years so I have no idea why it's still in my sig
Poopie scissors
amerbritcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 12:28 PM   #113
blkaplan
50 shades of beige

I hope you have good coverage on it.

That sucks.
blkaplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 12:34 PM   #114
cwdodson88
Board Member

Are you running classic car insurance? If so, and if you havent already, see if you can get a personal appraisal prior to body shop estimate. There may be a chance the appraiser can say "had it not been for the damage, I'd value the car, based on the remaining condition, to be X" then the insurance can subtract from that number instead of say the KBB value and not "total" the car.

The Build Thread
SVEA - PUSHROD TURBO!
cwdodson88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 01:12 PM   #115
TIPSP
Got Boost?

Daily driver... Can not do classic insurance. I will have to switch over to Grundy.

The thing is going to be a nightmare to fix. Paint matching is gonna suck.

My insurance totaled my beige 82 four years ago... Lots of body work into that repair. But their threshold on these Volvos is only $1300 for it to be totaled.

I fought the insurance last time with the 82 and got a decent settlement when I threatened them mediation. They set out an appraiser and I was able to buy this and another members project car with the settlement.

I have soooo many parts waiting to go on to this car, but I am very discouraged. Don't want to waste my time again... I'm going to buy a big freaking truck.

The have to swap fenders. Then paint the fender to match. bumper needs to fixed. Lights need to be replaced. The paint matching, depending on how far they go... will require removal of the windshield and rust repaired. The lower rocker panel on that side has rust also....

Going to be a freaking nightmare to get fixed.
Old 09-30-2016, 01:14 PM   #116
petiww
Board Member

Is it possible to leave the insurance out of it, buy a fender - corner light - commando and put those on like nothing happened? Or lady called the police because she thought you caused the accident?
Old 09-30-2016, 01:17 PM   #117
TIPSP
Got Boost?

Nope.

Insurance and police report made. I do not deal with out of insurance. I want it fixed properly.

Good news. nada has my car over $11,000 Thanks for the link Ian. I was going to check later. but thanks.

I can get an appraiser in this also if needed.
Old 09-30-2016, 01:22 PM   #118
cwdodson88
Board Member

DANG! when you do fix it, you might want to look into insuring it as a classic. There are companies that dont require mileage tracking, and some that offer you to "drive to and from any car club events, meets, etc" without mileage penalty. So you post up a flyer at the local car club about a "Cars are meant to be driven meet" at your workplace daily from XX am to XX pm.
Old 09-30-2016, 01:25 PM   #119
77volvo245
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by petiww View Post
Is it possible to leave the insurance out of it, buy a fender - corner light - commando and put those on like nothing happened? Or lady called the police because she thought you caused the accident?
If he doesn't want to deal with the insurance company he can fix it at his cost. The insurance they are cheap bastards they rather pay people out than fix the damage. They will lowball you on the value of your car. Don't let them push you around.
77volvo245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 01:29 PM   #120
cwdodson88
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77volvo245 View Post
If he doesn't want to deal with the insurance company he can fix it at his cost. The insurance they are cheap bastards they rather pay people out than fix the damage. They will lowball you on the value of your car. Don't let them push you around.
Yep, dont let them value the car, have that done by a 3rd party appraiser if needed.
Old 09-30-2016, 01:34 PM   #121
Harlard
Pro Sneaker Peddler

Don't let insurance get you discouraged. Playing your cards right can and will make you even, just make sure you are well-compensated for the inconvenience and time wasted having to deal with insurance.
Harlard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 01:40 PM   #122
toms_elleck
Board Member

OH NOOOO! That sucks, man. Luckily, it's not worse.

If it were mine, I would pull the fender off and pay a body shop or a painless dent guy to get it back as close as possible without removing the paint. Get a new bumper and lights, and then just bolt the straightened fender back on as-is. Drive it that way until you're ready to tackle the other rust repair and repaint work, and at that point maybe bolt on a new fender to be paint matched at the same time.. Sure, the fender won't be perfect and it will have cracked paint for now, but that's really not so bad.

At least then, it won't be so emotionally draining, to rip the car back apart and have it undrivable for a long time again.
Old 09-30-2016, 01:43 PM   #123
TIPSP
Got Boost?

It's not the insurance that discourages me. It's the freaking time you spend on a project just to have these stupid f*****g people drive carelessly, on their phones, destroying the thing you spent sooo much time on.

I can deal with insurance people easily. CA laws make it extremely easy to have a fair settlement.
Old 09-30-2016, 01:44 PM   #124
TIPSP
Got Boost?

I will get the whole car fixed at this point... All rust removed. The Whole car will get a very nice paint job.
Old 09-30-2016, 01:48 PM   #125
lightweight
Board Member

Insurance Sucks! Amazing car sorry to see this happen. I had to fight insurance on the price of my car for like 2 months. Just dont give in man.
lightweight is offline   Reply With Quote