• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Napa cast impeller new 36 dollar water pump.

sbabbs

300+ Member
300+ Club
We I bought the brand new Napa brand redblock water pump 36 us dollars no core required. All the gaskets and things except the studs for the pulley. Seems legit, works! Not a stamped steel impeller, cast like stock. Pro tip, use the bigger water pump pulley if revving..

Merry Christmas and let's see em boot me at the track for weepie water pump now!

Simon

Good timing, I need one of these...

PART # :
TFW 42309
PRODUCT LINE :
NAPA Tru-Flow Water Pumps

?

I ordered one of these, needed it to use my car this weekend, and just received in the mail a new pump for what looks like a Chevy small block, in the wrong box.

:grrr::rant::pee:

If you can get one and you need it right now and you got the money to pay for it sure why not? Easy enough to swap em out we've done it so many times.

How did your napa pump die? Did it snap it two? Or did it start weeping out the weepy hole? Is it the napa one with the cast impeller or a different napa one?

They sell more then one, the one I got was the brand new one, no core required, with cast impeller.

Did you buy a rebuilt one instead?

Mainly because I can drive one mile away and buy it now and put it in and be done in a hour why I like napa. I could I guess drive an hour or two to IPD and hope they gotta Hepu one on the shelf right now!

Last edited:
The local NAPA were the guys who got me a rebuilt steering rack when others failed me. Lifetime warranty which they honored when it started leaking. The next one has been fine.

Five and a half years and the NAPA Tru-Flow (Gates) water pump is leaking from the weep hole. Loosening the 75 Kpa pressure cap slowed down the leak. Requested Warranty replacement. Took 2 days for them to get one for me. What I received is GMB pump made in Taiwan. Same part number. Any guesses on how many years it will last?

My guess is three or four years for a GMB pump. I've never had them last long on a 240. On the older pushrod models they have lasted longer for me.

Tough to get high quality parts for 35-year old cars.
Probably lucky to get decent quality at all.
So yea, maybe a few years.

In light of that, I've finally accepted that changing the exhaust flex-pipe on the S40
every two years is a maintenance procedure.

Just for reference CARID shows pictures of the water pump impellers of the brands they sell. You may have to filter their results by your car model. Except for the Hepu, I had to do an image search for the p/n P051 to find one.

Back