• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Measuring turbos

JordanTBoehm

What does the "15G" mean in a turbo? What do I need to know to get a good turbo for my application? Garret vs Mitsubishi? How are they rated (15G..13G..etc..)? I'm most likely getting a 1993 or later 940 Turbo car. How many km/s or miles before a rebuild is needed on an average use of a stock turbo? What turbos were fitted to 940s?

You have too many questions which have been answered here at least 15,795 times in last 10 years...

Read, read more... measure turbos?
I use this:
480.2983.jpg

And check here
http://www.turbomaster.info/eng/applications/racing/

Take notes

Yeah I'm sure my questions have been answered but when I search for example "Mitsubishi vs. Garrett".. I get 10 page threads on small talk that has nothing to do with turbos. I'm not being lazy... I have already tried to answer my questions.

Go visit the link John posted.

"too many different garrets to make a comparison to mitsubishis" really dude??? :wtf:

Got to Turbomasters....it's all there. Inducer and Exducer dimensions, IN MILLIMETERS for darn near every model turbo from Garret and some from Mitsu....you can find those dimensions on the interwebz, for the other Mitsu's unlisted.

WOuldn't you know it...a Garret MM is the EXACT SAME as a Mitsu MM....pretty easy comparison when the units of measurement are the same.

Back