• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Saying goodbye to the finest car I've owned.

dl242gt

The world of the smiling Dogo
OK well yesterday the new owner picked up my 123gt Amazon from me. Thought you guys would like to see one of the finest cars Volvo ever built. I was priveleged to own this car for 25 years of which about ten I drove it every summer. Sigh...such a fun car to drive. This car had such a good vibe everyone liked it. Most don't even know what it is. I didn't know what a 123 was when I was looking for a 122s long ago. But you know I had to have it when I figured that out! Enjoy.

Attachments

• 100_0712little.jpg
    100_0712little.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 288
  • 100_0715little.jpg
    100_0715little.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 283
  • 100_0717little.jpg
    100_0717little.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 281
  • 100_0718little.jpg
    100_0718little.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 282
Man that’s nice. Is it heading to Europe?

The one in my backyard is same color but brown interior (and no where near that nice)

It is supposd to be brown. The guy before me had more than one and put the nicer interior in mine. It went to carlisle PA.

To Joe Lazenby?

EDIT: That sure as hell looks like him and his truck in the pictures!

To Joe Lazenby?

EDIT: That sure as hell looks like him and his truck in the pictures!

Yes. I even fixed the truck. lol.
It wouldn't start after being set in the rollback mode. I told him my car didn't want to leave. Then I showed him the Ford solenoid run the starter bypass trick and did it with an adjustable wrench. It was a sad day yet it is in the Volvo community and will be appreciated.

The car was at Rockleigh multiple times and it did five years of charity TSD rallys in Southern NJ. Good times I was fortunate to have.

Yes. I even fixed the truck. lol.
It wouldn't start after being set in the rollback mode. I told him my car didn't want to leave. Then I showed him the Ford solenoid run the starter bypass trick and did it with an adjustable wrench. It was a sad day yet it is in the Volvo community and will be appreciated.

The car was at Rockleigh multiple times and it did five years of charity TSD rallys in Southern NJ. Good times I was fortunate to have.

Joe Lazenby left a business card on my seat one day while my car was parked outside of work in The Dalles, OR. Small world of Volvos.

Great car. Glad its going to another Volvo'er

Joe Lazenby left a business card on my seat one day while my car was parked outside of work in The Dalles, OR. Small world of Volvos.

Great car. Glad its going to another Volvo'er

I know him as I blindly drove 2 hours to look at my ex-145, show up to his garage, see 5 amazons and a 445 out front. Only then does he explain and show me what he does (and showed me his horde of parts and cars). It is indeed a small world.

Thank you. The car was at Carlisle several times in the 90s as well. It's a 2 hr ride from willingboro. Rockleigh meet was always in Oct. So you could start the year with Carlisle and end with Rockleigh meet.

Back