home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > Mechanical > performance & modifications > aftermarket engine management

Old 07-27-2018, 01:54 PM   #1
t8fanning
8v are still cool, right?

Default Boost blending using flex

I am using MS3Pro and have two blend curves based on my flex. One is the basic blend curve, and the second is a boost blend curve that goes between two target tables. At 60% flex, my boost blend curve is at 100% table 2, so my boost setting should be commanded only by table 2. However, when I input a target of 305 kpa to table 2, my boost duty table is looking at cells just above 275 kpa. Only when I input a target of something like 33 kpa do I get a boost duty for 305 kpa. My main flex blend curve does not dictate 100% tables 2 at 60% flex. Does this table affect the boost control, or is there another multiplier or blend function I could be missing?
Old 07-29-2018, 01:08 AM   #2
t8fanning

If anyone cares, I've figured out what is causing it to happen, but I don't understand why the software works that way. Blend curve 8 controls blending between the two tables for all values based on ethanol content. Blend curve 6 controls blending between the two tables for boost only. Blend curve 8 overrides blend curve 6 and scales back boost. It doesn't make sense to me why this is programmed that way, but it is. I made a post in msextra to try and get some more insight:

http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewto...?f=131&t=69535
t8fanning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 11:17 AM   #3
linuxman51
BRANDSCHUTZVORSCHRIFTEN!

interesting. I wouldn't have expected that behavior either, it'll be interesting to see what they say about it.

Now with in-house Dyno tuning!

Megasquirt Tuning!
Plug and play LH 2.4 Megasquirt, now with stealth mode!
linuxman51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 11:21 AM   #4
t8fanning

A guy on msextra showed me my real problem. I was trying to control boost two ways. I was using dual fuel which uses the same flex blend curve as AFR, spark and VE, and my separate boost blend curve. Once I turned off the boost table switch setting in the dual fuel tab it stopped scaling.

So megasquirt works as expected, the problem was between keyboard and chair as usual.
t8fanning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 11:22 AM   #5
blkaplan
50 shades of beige

Interesting stuff. Can't wait to get back to playing with this.
Originally Posted by DarkKratoz View Post
The only safe bet is Ben.©
blkaplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 10:07 AM   #6
linuxman51
BRANDSCHUTZVORSCHRIFTEN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by t8fanning View Post
A guy on msextra showed me my real problem. I was trying to control boost two ways. I was using dual fuel which uses the same flex blend curve as AFR, spark and VE, and my separate boost blend curve. Once I turned off the boost table switch setting in the dual fuel tab it stopped scaling.

So megasquirt works as expected, the problem was between keyboard and chair as usual.
always hate it when you discover it's a pebkac.
linuxman51 is offline   Reply With Quote