• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

More on this one? (white 240 on minilites or so inside)

Look how high that 240 is. It's not low at all... If that damn lip wasn't so obnoxious it'd be easier to go lower with wheels that are a bit closer to flush. Adjustable torque rods help a little bit by bringing the axle closer to the center of the wheel opening so the tires don't hit towards the back of the opening, but still. If you want a low 240, you can't have wheels that are anywhere near flush without bodywork. Sad, but true. :(

Well, unless you put short tires on. You can't tuck wheel though, obviously.

That 240 can still go a good 3" lower without hitting though.

http://www.vtoperformance.com/acatalog/16_.html

list the superlites available in 5x108, 16x7 in three different offsets...says 16x8 coming soon, but they have them in 16x7 for $195 a wheel
The 16x7 do look kinda bland though... if the 16x8 looks as nice as the 15x8 then they might be worth going for.

Watanabe will custom drill wheels, prolly at a premium price though.
Really? That'd be awesome. I'd LOVE 16x8 ET10 or ET15 Watanabes. I'd sell my Simmons in an instant.

Look how high that 240 is. It's not low at all... If that damn lip wasn't so obnoxious it'd be easier to go lower with wheels that are a bit closer to flush. Adjustable torque rods help a little bit by bringing the axle closer to the center of the wheel opening so the tires don't hit towards the back of the opening, but still. If you want a low 240, you can't have wheels that are anywhere near flush without bodywork. Sad, but true. :(

Well, unless you put short tires on. You can't tuck wheel though, obviously.

True, that car does need to be lower, and that the rear wheel arch is a pain. But some quality time with a fender roller/hammer should fix that problem, also would super stiff suspension so you wouldnt hit.

My point is: this thread is about a certain minilite looking type of wheel that is awesome. Not about the quality/weight of some wheels that you are trying to sell.

Except the wheel I'm talking about is a 16x7 4x108 - the only Volvo with that pattern is the 1993 850. It's also significantly lighter and I was pointing that out for a comparison. It wasn't an ad, unless someone on here happens to have an old mustang.

To reignite this one:

Charcoal 16in Superlites on a White 240 wagon: Yeah, or No?? Plenty of dish and something like a 245x 50 16 profile front and rear.

Gemini's are hard to get round here, and for the price, I could probably get some brand new superlites. I've toyed with photochopping black wheels onto the wagon, and it looks gooood. :p

Thoughts?? I reckon it'll be 40mm lower than stock too ;)

Hey guess what. Stretch or no stretch - it's up to personal taste. The owner does not need tb-approval to put any rim or tire combination on a car.

The rear spoiler Doug had on his T-5R though..........BLASPHEMY, I tell you! :run:

100_1953.jpg

This is how to really stretch that tire.

At least he'll never have to worry about curbing a rim.

Ok, I'm going to get a set of 16x8 Superlites for my White 240 Wagon... With charcoal centres!! Should look tasty!!

But how do I get ones that will look MORE like this:
74600332.tcsge7LD.300.jpg

...and LESS like this:
245JapMini.jpg

I need advice from the 'offset gurus' to work out what will fill those guards nicely... I want some really nice DISH!!

Standard is 5x108 ET20 (That's what stamped on the steel wheels), but track is wider on the front, yeah?? So, I should be able to get more dish on the rear (as in the first photo)

Last edited:
well the 244 looks like it has the watanabe 'R's?? and the bottom looks like the F8
top has stretched tires, bottom has not
as for offset, i'm the wrong guy

edit: if i get a new wheel and tire package, think it'll be those watanabe r's...

My rims will come from Performance Wheels here in Australia.

http://www.performancewheels.com.au

I guess they are pretty much the same, but I'm more keen on the dish than what brand they are.

Performance Wheels will make the 'Superlites' to any spec (pretty much), but being a custom wheel, they are not refundable... so I want to get the dish etc RIGHT the first time!! Wheels like the ones on the blue wagon AREN'T gonna cut it, as the deeper dish on the brown car looks 382% better!!

My rims will come from Performance Wheels here in Australia.

http://www.performancewheels.com.au

I guess they are pretty much the same, but I'm more keen on the dish than what brand they are.

Performance Wheels will make the 'Superlites' to any spec (pretty much), but being a custom wheel, they are not refundable... so I want to get the dish etc RIGHT the first time!! Wheels like the ones on the blue wagon AREN'T gonna cut it, as the deeper dish on the brown car looks 382% better!!

the track is wider in the front, I want to say something like almost 1 inch per side (easy to check if pop the wheels off and grab a tape measure) that is why you see a lot of Volvo folks get spacers or adapters that are wider in the rear, to make up for the wider front track and space the rear wheels out a little more.

see link below, that rim supposed to be a direct fit with a 20mm offset

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/sea...2240&rc=CEBINT

search in the showroom under Voxx, there is a silver 242 running these, see how you like the look and go from there, you might want to adjust the offset for the rears and not run as much or possibly go negative offset a little

So more like $600 a wheel, most likely.
For that price I'd rather get some 17" Schmidt Revolution TH or something though.

Are you stupid? We're talking about the second set at $195/wheel - That's pretty damn cheap. The other ones, by comparison, are $580/piece -
Think about it.
I wouldn't buy the cheapie $195 heavy as hell rims until I heard feedback on them from someone who has actually bought them. Why? Why do you think?
I don't know what got to you, but you trying to start **** all the time is really getting quite old, my friend.

Except the wheel I'm talking about is a 16x7 4x108 - the only Volvo with that pattern is the 1993 850. It's also significantly lighter and I was pointing that out for a comparison. It wasn't an ad, unless someone on here happens to have an old mustang.

You seem to find a target every week don't you Brett? It did sound like you were advertising.

Performance wheels aren't too bad, BSA also make custom offset and pattern rims too.

Before you buy look into how offsets work, so you know what you need to do, because it sounds like you don't know what offset is.

Ok, I'm going to get a set of 16x8 Superlites for my White 240 Wagon... With charcoal centres!! Should look tasty!!

I need advice from the 'offset gurus' to work out what will fill those guards nicely... I want some really nice DISH!!

Standard is 5x108 ET20 (That's what stamped on the steel wheels), but track is wider on the front, yeah?? So, I should be able to get more dish on the rear (as in the first photo)

9 inch wide and 0 offset will fit in the rear, not sure about the front though. So for 16x8, somthing around -15 would be good.

So, with 25mm spacers on the rear on a late 240, 15 or 16 x 7" wide with 10 offset should work nicely without any major fender work. Thoughts?

So, with 25mm spacers on the rear on a late 240, 15 or 16 x 7" wide with 10 offset should work nicely without any major fender work. Thoughts?
I bookmarked this thread a long time ago, forgot to get back to it... And your question is still unanswered. I would say that no, you can't run a 7" wide wheel with an effective offset of -15mm(what I think you're describing) without major fender work. If your suspension is stiffh and your tires are skinny enough, you may be able to do it. Most likely though, you'll want more suspension travel and a larger tire than would allow you to run that "low" of an offset.

In my opinion.

Back