• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Alex's 740T Wagon

VQ

Not such a PRVert Anymore
The green car is going... Not much longer for it in this world.

Being replaced with this though:
dsc06996k.jpg

dsc06997r.jpg

dsc06991b.jpg

dsc07012l.jpg

dsc07014q.jpg

dsc06994s.jpg

dsc07027q.jpg

dsc07034s.jpg

dsc07028g.jpg

dsc07026tk.jpg

dsc07030s.jpg

Bought cheaply thanks to LT, The paint has been resprayed at some point, the previous owner rebuild the motor, it will need a cometic head gasket in the future as he put a thick one in there, it will get my 3" exhaust and 16T and 90+ mani and phelonic spacers and browntops and a wideband, then eventually my rebuilt strengthened AW71L that I have to rebuild.

The interior will be going to black door cards and front half with 940gl seats front and rear, and grey rear half.
dsc06709.jpg

dsc06708.jpg

I've actually raised the rear with pedders rear springs as i didn't like the one coil cut look on it, nor did I like the worn out shocks, got a set of Bilstein tourings on the rear. Going to put on jumbo fronts with either 740T stock springs or 940GL springs depending on which is a thicker coil as I want the height. it will also get the black steelies from the Green car and is getting it's stereo.

Ordered V90 tails from FCP as well. And it will have black tint on the rear.

Bought another one, becoming addictive, came from Ajwilson off the boards here, needs a trans atm, and a blower motor and some tyres but that's it for a RWC as far as I can tell.

Big plans for it, as it already has a bigger turbo (16T) and a 90+ Manifold and injectors (37lbs) I have more room to work with initially, but I need to find a squirter block before I can do much with it atm, it might end up with a bigger ebay IC before the squirter block, but that's only if I can't find one at the wreckers for a while.

Debadged the grill already, going to put indicators in the sides and leave the turbo badge on the rear but not the intercooler badge. I have 1990 760 tails to install to it once I transfer the rego over and I need to get a source for a quad front end as the e-code one is pretty crap for lighting as I've gotten used to having separate high and low beams on my 88 760.

09122008004kc0.jpg

24122008010dn5.jpg

24122008011oo1.jpg

24122008012bv2.jpg

24122008015vi2.jpg

24122008016ql4.jpg

And what's this thing?
24122008014aw4.jpg

Last edited:
And what's this thing?
24122008014aw4.jpg

It's a not so small vacuum pump, it's there to operate the interior climate controls when there is not enough engine vacuum to do so.

On some later models they switched to a small unit hidden in the dash somewhere, but earlier models got stuck with that big lump of metal, I don't know if your works, mine was about as dead as they get.

There is a line off the manifold that runs through a one way valve, and then to a tee splitter, with you vacuum source line running into the car, then the other tee line goes to that pump, and the tee off the pump also goes to a vacuum storage tank in or around the bumper.

I removed my pump, and ran the first tee splitter direct to the vacuum tank, in theory my vent controls will work at idle etc, and the tank will provide some operation at other times, but there will be times they won't work, but then my pump never worked anyway...

Yeah, super ugly, I have a temp catch can there now, and I am looking to put my cheap aloy ebay unit there, although I'm not 100% I want to run that catch can on it's side.

If that pump is the GM unit it appears to be, they have some value on Ebay when they work. maintains power brakes for EV RV and hot rod applications.

Bought some odds and ends for it to get it to pass roadworthy, gotta work out what I'm doing for the fan still, as the RHD ones are different, and the gearbox won't be here till after new years sometime... argh waiting...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rfgLFp-dLsE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rfgLFp-dLsE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

This car made 120RWKW's on the dyno. Was quite pleased about it. Removed A/C on it, fixed a few odds and ends, new parts to go onto it.... Like a new IC modded to point forwards, nissan .50 A/R T3, full 3" exhaust that needs a cat installed.

dsc00035xqf.jpg

dsc00086t.jpg

dsc00036nif.jpg

Yeah, it's been driven, I turned the boost up and it now spews out the dipstick sometimes, the auto flares into 2nd and I'm turning the sedan into a wagon. As I don't see a need for two sedans.

This car is going... Not much longer for it in this world.

Being replaced with this though:
dsc06996k.jpg

dsc06997r.jpg

dsc06991b.jpg

dsc07012l.jpg

dsc07014q.jpg

dsc06994s.jpg

dsc07027q.jpg

dsc07034s.jpg

dsc07028g.jpg

dsc07026tk.jpg

dsc07030s.jpg

Bought cheaply thanks to LT, The paint has been resprayed at some point, the previous owner rebuild the motor, it will need a cometic head gasket in the future as he put a thick one in there, it will get my 3" exhaust and 16T and 90+ mani and phelonic spacers and browntops and a wideband, then eventually my rebuilt strengthened AW71L that I have to rebuild.

The interior will be going to black door cards and front half with 940gl seats front and rear, and grey rear half.
dsc06709.jpg

dsc06708.jpg

I've actually raised the rear with pedders rear springs as i didn't like the one coil cut look on it, nor did I like the worn out shocks, got a set of Bilstein tourings on the rear. Going to put on jumbo fronts with either 740T stock springs or 940GL springs depending on which is a thicker coil as I want the height. it will also get the black steelies from the Green car and is getting it's stereo.

Ordered V90 tails from FCP as well. And it will have black tint on the rear.

dsc07046o.jpg

dsc07060h.jpg

dsc07059k.jpg

dsc07045.jpg

dsc07050p.jpg

dsc07043g.jpg

dsc07042t.jpg

dsc07040z.jpg

dsc07077b.jpg

dsc07074w.jpg

dsc07073y.jpg

dsc07067q.jpg

dsc07057u.jpg

dsc07054z.jpg

Um, yeah...

My new IC, that doesn't fit, will need smaller air box and such, cant' put a pod in :( Just a ebay one with pipes welded on forwards.

Tailights look awesome IMO, as does the V90 wiper.

I have
  • phenalic spacers
  • Underdrive pulley (but not shorter belts).
  • Adjustable cam gear.
  • Transmission clutches.
  • Ported 90+
  • Ported exhaust housing 16T from green car.
  • 3" exhaust needing 02 bungs welded and a "cataylic converter" installed.
  • Browntops from green car.
  • AW71L that needs the clutches and a high stall converter.
  • AMM as the current one is iffy.
  • Intercooler.
All around, waiting to go onto the car, mostly for when i have time to do things, I'll be doing things in groups, like the browntops and spacers, pulley and cam gear, turbo and exhaust, transmission not for a while, intercooler I am annoyingly going to have to make a box with a pod filter like Angus164242 has on his 760, gotta keep it stealth.

Window tint and black steelies with Volvo steel hubcaps, looks wicked IMO.
dsc07201w.jpg

Started on the work needed for me to want to put the qaud rec's on, removed the orange reflector from the indicators.
dsc07203.jpg

dsc07204s.jpg

dsc07205.jpg

Bye bye CAM740
dsc07185v.jpg

dsc07198g.jpg

Back