• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Easiest way to install dw300 in tank pump?

VB242

I.M. Weasel
So I still have the k-jet main pump under the car, I bought some 100psi fuel line, can I just replace the piece of hose from the tank to the k-jet pump and run both or should I bypass the k-jet pump completely and run the rubber fuel line to the hard pipe after the k-jet pump? Looks like 12mm-1.5 connection, can I cut this off and use a 5/16" compression coupling x 5/16" hose barb fitting?

What I did was drilled out the fittings on the sending unit and put 6an bulkhead fittings on it. 6an aerquip fuel hose from the sending unit to the filter. Rip out the old inline pump. I used the stock in tank pump wiring for the most part. Been this way for about a year now no problems.

Remember to use fuel injection hose, not regular low pressure stuff. Upgrading the wiring to the pump is also a good idea.

*edit: Sorry, didn't see that you already had the right type of hose :)

So the stock feed is 14mm from tank to k-jet pump. I might just have to run 3/8" all the way up front to a better fuel rail. Blah, this has turned into a real project.

I just got some -6 fittings soldered onto the stock sending unit hard lines, used some adapters to convert -6 to the stock under the car hard lines. I removed the k jet fuel pump and accumulator altogether. I also opened the stock plastic mounting bracket with a file and put it in. Nice and easy and worked fine until I needed more fuel than the pump could output.

I just got some -6 fittings soldered onto the stock sending unit hard lines, used some adapters to convert -6 to the stock under the car hard lines. I removed the k jet fuel pump and accumulator altogether. I also opened the stock plastic mounting bracket with a file and put it in. Nice and easy and worked fine until I needed more fuel than the pump could output.

Total AN fitting newb here...could you please give more details on both the -6 fitting you soldered to the sender (brass? barbed? threaded? size?) and also what you used to go from the -6 line to the stock hard lines? I'm trying to get my parts list together to do the same thing.

What I'm trying to do is something like:
sender w/soldered fitting (male 6AN fitting?) --> female 6AN fitting into socketless hose (e.g. Aeroquip) --> female 6AN into other end of socketless hose --> male 6AN adapter to stock hard line

This seems like the simplest way to go. Another option would be to run the socketless hose all the way to the firewall fuel filter with another type of adapter. I realize there a lots of options...it's just a little daunting because I haven't seen anyone say something like "a 6AN male to XY inch threaded soldered to sender", etc.

Back