• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Anyone know if 1031 rear end uses a crush sleeve?

durk80

I have ordered a Yukon master set for the rear end for my 1990 Volvo 240. The mechanic I am taking it to says that it needs a crush sleeve (which was not included in the set). He is more familiar with Chevy and Ford rear ends.

If this is true, is there any place I can order it from?

Thanks for your help!

There's no F in your number, that's just a Fabrication Number from Dana.

The 1030 in my 140 uses shims, no crush sleeve, the 1031 in my wagon does use a sleeve, the 1041 I took out did not use a sleeve. Seems pretty hit or mis.

You can look up the rear assembly number 1216332 on gcp.se and see what the parts are in that axle.

Thank you, Dave! I will have to look into it more when I am not so sleepy and my eyes are crossed. Really a wealth of knowledge that is now bookmarked!

There's no F in your number, that's just a Fabrication Number from Dana.

The 1030 in my 140 uses shims, no crush sleeve, the 1031 in my wagon does use a sleeve, the 1041 I took out did not use a sleeve. Seems pretty hit or mis.

I'm very glad that I was able to find the part regardless if I need it or not through TB. I guess we'll find out whether it's needed or not when it's disassembled!

Back