• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

so? my car can beast through first gear. your car is cool. i want to see it doing cool car things.

Got the boost issues sorted it seems. I found another hy35 exhaust housing and ported the crap out of it and added the largest puck I could. I used a exhaust valve from a truck that I had laying around. I then added a mount so I could use a stock holset wastegate actuator setup from the hx40 I have. Installed it and set the boost to 28 psi and it seems to like it.

Stock wastegate hole and puck

Ported and larger puck

Wastegate bracket I made out of a piece of 1/2" plate

In the car. It's close but it'll clear once I get a new compressor housing that isn't cut up.

So current mod list is. Stock/original b21ft 300k strong, 530 head ported, RSI stage 2 cam, eBay header flipped, holset hy35 w/ported wastegate, b21f intake with a t5 throttle body welded on the front corner, yoshifab clutch, arp head studs(yf), Kevlar timing belt(yf), cas adapter(yf), trackrods(yf), t5 crossmember(yf), zeitronix wb02 (yf), microsquirt(yf), deka 80 injectors(yf), catch can setup(yf), ford ethanol content sensor, vw wasted spark coil, Hyundai cas, tremec tko600, kaplheknenernekeeee adapter, big intercooler, s60r 13" rotors, Evo8 front brembo calipers, diy Coleman coilovers, camber plates, 17x8 fox6 rims, 245/40 Dunlop dz101s, vdo gauges, 83+ bumpers, Saab spoiler, flat hood, single rounds, 3" side exit, etc..

Didn't realize there weren't any complete underhood pics after its been running.

Having odd issues that I hope to get worked out soon. I may have to port this wastegate more and put a larger puck in to seal it. On a test drive this evening I ended up in a cruise thing in my town and a friend took a picture lol.

Hey! You probably didn't notice, but I was sitting at that MTS bus stop when you drove by

what a great car. i liked the old wheels better, but it doesn't matter. it's still a black 242, it's still a b21, and it still moves out.

Had a couple little hiccups that turned out to be either a bad connection or a flex fuel sensor going bad. I checked the connection and wiring but it all seemed good. I ended up turning it off and it runs great.
Did some data logging and hopefully I'll be putting it on the dyno soon. My butt is saying 330-350 at the wheels.

Stock k-jet pumps are keeping up with 29 psi of boost and 11.2 afr.

Jealous of your timing and overall smoothness up high. Mine feels like it's going to chuck a rod at 6000.

It's been running great till the other day. It wasn't knocking or anything but it was a little hard to crank when hot. So instead of blowing the thing apart I pulled the oil filter and cut it open.

I found a little glitter so I pulled the engine and found the rod bearings were worn out and starting to go. It has over 300k on it so not bad for running 28psi through it for a bit now. All rods are straight and bores look ok. I'll clean it up and slap some bearings in it and put it back in.

Back