• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

'98 Volvo S90 Executive

V-Jet

Hi guys,

Just bought my dream Volvo last month - '98 Volvo S90 Executive!!

The S90 Executive is a 15cm stretched long wheel base version of the S90. Volvo built them in 3 variants - 5 seater model with 3 seats in the back row like most cars, 4 seater model with only 2 seats in the back row but they are power adjustable height & tilt, and the top of the range 4 seater which in addition has an extended centre console dividing the back seats and housed additional amenities for the rear passengers such as air vents for an independent cabin fan & aircon switch, cigar lighter, balance & fader controls for the stereo, power rear sun blind switch, and a cooler compartment behind the rear centre armrest. Heated rear seats is optional on the 4 seater models. My S90 Executive is the top of the range 4 seater but it doesn't have heated seats. I later found out through the VIN number and market code on the chassis plate that it was assembled in Volvo's Thai assembly plant to Indonesian market specifications, so that explains why seat heaters weren't fitted!

Some other peculiar features common to all 3 variants of the S90 Executive includes roof mounted halogen reading light for the rear passengers, boot opening switch on the dashboard but unlike standard 940 & 960 sedans it doesn't have the boot lid opening handle between the rear license plate lights (it can still be opened with a key however), and Volvo never built Executives with sunroof so they are only available without sunroof.

If you are interested & want to know more about the S90 Executive, please watch the Volvo S90 Royal advertisement video on YouTube which can be found here (depending on market region sometimes they are called Royal).

P1010484.jpg

P1010483.jpg

P1010476.jpg

P1010480.jpg

P1010477.jpg

P1010478.jpg

P1010485.jpg

Last edited:
I've always wanted one of those :)
There's another one for sale in New Zealand here, it appears to be in better condition than mine with 90,000km (56,000 miles) less mileage on the odometer, but he's also asking 3 times of what I paid for mine :-P

that looks awsome mate! Pitty your in NZ! When are you coming back to AUS?
I might head back to AUS for holidays later in the year but as for work, it looks like I'm stuck in NZ for a very long time.. :grrr:

There's another one for sale in New Zealand here, it appears to be in better condition than mine with 90,000km (56,000 miles) less mileage on the odometer, but he's also asking 3 times of what I paid for mine :-P

I might head back to AUS for holidays later in the year but as for work, it looks like I'm stuck in NZ for a very long time.. :grrr:

that sucks. Need more AUS!

Back