• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

940 Turbo Gaskets

zdriver123

Hey all,

It's been a while since I've played with a Volvo, and never with a Turbo. I'm just swapping a bad 13C with a good 13C and have a couple questions. I'm trying to find a manifold to Turbo gasket, and I would assume a downpipe gasket? I'm doing this for a friend, and am wanting everything to go smoothly. I tried looking on IPD and came up with nothing.

I'm guessing that's on me, Can anyone lend a hand?

The Volvo manifolds have that funky step in it. They don't use a gasket. Same thing on the outlet, it is just flanged.

My machinist recommended engine paint between the turbo and manifold, it seems to have helped.

Hmm I?d be concerned about the O2 sensor depending on the paint. I think ceramic paint there would foul the sensor. I guess you could run a bad one for some break in then put a good one back in.

The Volvo manifolds have that funky step in it. They don't use a gasket. Same thing on the outlet, it is just flanged.

Correct.

You can use 8642450 for the turbo to manifold gasket.

No gasket is used on the conical turbo to downpipe connection.

Adding a gasket between turbo and stepped manifold outlet can cause a wee exhaust leak.

My machinist recommended engine paint between the turbo and manifold, it seems to have helped.

Helped with what? Stock turbo + stock/unaltered manifold + tight nutz should result in an adequate seal.

Back