• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

740 Carbon Fiber Hood...LOOK!

GSWAGON

my other ride is a exmark
300+ Club
Hello,

After seeing how well the 240 CF hoods turned out, I am trying to get a hood made for the 740's as well. Gemini told me that-

"Generally we try to get at least 8 people involved on a Group Buy for new hood. We would consider making hoods for the 740's"

I am sure that at least 8 people on turbobricks would want one of these, I know myself and Dodgert911 can account for two of them.

Interested parties for 83-89 style hood:

Yellowbrick
Dodgert911
MyCarSucks
Budweiserman

This will be for the 83-89 740 style hood, 760 up to 87 I beleive. I am going to email Gemini pictures of the hood from underneath and the top. I'm not sure who lent them a 240 flathood to make a mold from, but I'm guessing somone interested in a 740 hood could do the same for this.

Please post an EMAIL ADDRESS(you can PM me your email address if you want) and your NAME if you are interested so that I can give them a list of interested parties.

Please don't turn this thread into a debate about CF hoods, just post if you are interested.

Thanks,

Jon McMasters

Last edited:
Gemini's hoods = t3h ****!

30208139.jpg

30242438.jpg

should help those intrested ;-)

Thanks for the pics...

C'mon 740 owners, you know you want one...

Anyone that could give them a hood to use let me know.

Thanks,

Jon McMasters

The 700 series does have Aluminum hoods available for both new and older style hoods though,, and w/ those the weight savings would be negligable w/ CF. I do like the way it looks, but that's about all it would be good for.

I'm in for 90+...mine's got some good sized dents in it (PO). It sounds like we may have enough interest for the 90+. Anyone want to run with this? (I can't b/c I'll be out of touch from Aug-Oct or so).
-Lloyd

I'd love a CF hood, but I don't even know what kind of car I have anymore... 960? V70R? 745? Who knows...

WeezilUSA said:
The 700 series does have Aluminum hoods available for both new and older style hoods though,, and w/ those the weight savings would be negligable w/ CF. I do like the way it looks, but that's about all it would be good for.

actually there are two styles on the 90+ hood .. there is the 760 style(w/ no rear cowel just hood to windshield) which is alraedy aluminum and super light ... and then there is the stock 90+ which has that cowel between the hood and windshield ... which only comes in heavy ass size so

Hm, aren't there a 90 hood and a 91-92 hood? I've think I've heard someone talking about that...

Someon with VADIS can probably make a quick check!

WeezilUSA said:
so switch it out and change over your windshield wipers!

differen't firewall ... won't work
and actually the hood is 90-95 .. since the 940's have the same hood fogs or not doesn't make a diff .. its just the 760 style w/ the wipers under the hood have a different firewall

Hello,

Thanks for the interest I guess...I did ask for those interested in the 83-89 style hood. If you guys want to try to a group buy for a 90 plus hood thats great, but it would be nice to start a different thread.

Aluminum hoods for a 83-89 740 are not easy to come by where I am located, I have seen zero in 2 years of looking. For 90 plus style there are a ton so I dont see why they would need one as much, besides the asthetitcs.

Let me ask again, if you are interested in a 83-89 Carbon fiber HOOD please post your NAME and EMAIL so I can send a list to Gemini.

If you want to get a carbon hood for your p1800, buick century or plymouth voyager contact Gemeni and see if they will make you one.

Thank you for reading and understanding,

Jon McMasters

As for Price...

I am not sure, I assume close to the 240 carbon fiber hood price since they have very similar construction, maybe a little more since it is not as flat. Gemeni will quote a price I'm sure after seeing a hood and gauging the interest for making one.

Thanks,

Jon McMasters

Back