• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

California smog and +T?

If you do +T there is no way to stick to the original N/A vacuum diagram without changes, so that will be a problem during smog test.

Last fall we took ours on a 7 day 2,000 mile camping trip. Fully loaded climbing mountain passes was really slow going. Some interstates had 80mph limits and we could only push 50. My other car is a m3 so it was really frustrating. After that I began the hunt for a good donor car...

What rear end gearing is in your car? even with a turbo& all that weight, you arent gonna get anywhere unless you stay spooling.Then the turbo isn't gonna help you downshifting going downhill.

I went to Big Bear (8500')last summer in my 93'. auto trans, 3.73 stock rear and I was doing just fine.

Tough crowd. I got a low mileage 940se wagon donor complete and running for $1100. Someone explain to me why I wouldn't want to do the swap?
20161021_140719-o.jpg

:nod:

A B21FT is a better engine anyway I have 258K on mine and the hatching is still fully around in the bores and there's no ridge at all at the top of the cylinder walls.

:e-shrug:

Lets say down in Chula Vista there are couple guys that can resolve every smog check problem for $200. Heard from friend of a friend.

You paid $1100 for a 940?! Hah I get them for half that.

More than I usually pay for a parts car but I had a Cl alert up for 10 months and this is the only one that came up with under 200k on it. 115k second owner. Got the locker too.

I've parted and flipped enough cars that I was able to come up with a pretty good chunk of the down payment to buy my first home. I generally know how to find a good deal. :cool:

Lets say down in Chula Vista there are couple guys that can resolve every smog check problem for $200. Heard from friend of a friend.

Guys like that disappear pretty quickly and then you're stuck holding your flaccid penis

The smog fines the technician and the shop of any faul play.. ca makes it stupid difficult to get and maintain a smog cert...

Iirc it's something like 5-10k per violation

Bought plenty of illegal +t 240s... they all knew a guy

Yet all my cars are smog exempt ... hmmm

Op why not buy a smog legal +t car? There's a few around ... I know a guy in this thread that will sell you his

Op why not buy a smog legal +t car? There's a few around ... I know a guy in this thread that will sell you his

I guess I'm kind of attached to our 90. The only thing I don't like is the color... And of course the -t. If i found a straight 90+ in red or blue for cheap i'd go for it but otherwise I've sorted my white one out decently over the last for 3 or 4 years.

Besides isn't the theme of this forum to turbo all the bricks?!

I guess I'm kind of attached to our 90. The only thing I don't like is the color... And of course the -t. If i found a straight 90+ in red or blue for cheap i'd go for it but otherwise I've sorted my white one out decently over the last for 3 or 4 years.

Besides isn't the theme of this forum to turbo all the bricks?!

Sentimental value can be a bitch ... I got a few of those.

Nothing left but to do the swap then go to ref but make sure you cut sprangz and crush it after.

Last fall we took ours on a 7 day 2,000 mile camping trip. Fully loaded climbing mountain passes was really slow going. Some interstates had 80mph limits and we could only push 50. My other car is a m3 so it was really frustrating. After that I began the hunt for a good donor car...

Even after +T, you will not be going 80mph climbing the mountain with your car is fully loaded. Loaded down and long mountain climb really stress the cooling system especially if you have a/c running as well.

Stock turbo doesn't really make that much torque.
http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=182527

Tough crowd. I got a low mileage 940se wagon donor complete and running for $1100. Someone explain to me why I wouldn't want to do the swap?
20161021_140719-o.jpg

Because referee can potentially say no, and you'll be wasting your money and time.

Engine must be same year or newer. Can't add a turbo to an engine, technically, but I doubt they can find the year stamp behind the engine mount.

Can anyone confirm that the ref can or cannot identify if a b230ft and out of a 92 vs 95 940?

Back