• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Latest addition to the family

dbabc20f.jpg

Found a can of paint - nothing is safe under the hood. Mwahahaha!!!

Last edited:
That white paint is a b**** to get cleaned up when it's that dirty, but it's nearly indestructible. You'll have to keep waxing it frequently to keep it looking nice though. And don't even think of getting grease on it.

The Nu Finish cleaner wax did the trick - paint came right up, except where it was repainted. :grrr:

Next time will be clay bar and another coat of wax.

Added the MBC today - boost is somewhere around 13-15 PSI. Yeah, yeah - I know, "Get a real boost gauge on there!!!"

I'll be installing the 3 gauge pod once my oil pressure gauge gets here. No pinging thus far.

What wheels did u have in your old car?

Did this back in November:
eb8e4769.jpg

On Friday the 13th no less. Been debating having it fixed, then realized I only paid 300 for the car and the repairs would cost more than a suitable replacement.

Enter (possible) replacement... Found this one on Craigslist, 3.5 miles from the office, so the acquisition story isn't as eventful as some of ours have been. Rode the bus to the office today, had a friend drive me over at lunch and was back in time to eat.

P.O.'s pics:
944-Front.jpg

944-Right.jpg

944-Rear.jpg

944-Left.jpg

Waxed a couple of test spots and she will shine like new money before long.

944-Int-Pass.jpg

944-Int-Driver.jpg

944-Rear-Interior.jpg

By far the cleanest interior of any of the cars I've bought recently. Also seems to be quite the cream puff for having 144k miles.

I bought it knowing it needed a head gasket, rear windscreen (cracked), a heater hose and the trim replaced on the rear/pass door.

Since then I've discovered that the speedometer doesn't work, the sunroof doesn't close all the way, passenger front window doesn't work, factory radio works, but the amp is not working (2 dash speaker audio system -woot!). Hood has cracked paint and the trunk has a nice dent on top. Needs cone bushings for the front end too.

Interior is as close to perfect as 18 year-old peanut butter leather is going to be. Tires are good. Started on the first try. Drives ok and doesn't overheat. Oil in the water though so the HG is coming shortly.

So the list thus far reads:
Replace amp (temp fix - already have 3 stock amps - until I decide if this is a keep or a flip).
Head gasket and all top end seals.
Clean and lap the valves.
Timing belt
Fix sunroof
Replace the door trim (already have some)
Hood/Trunk replacement - as the junkyard allows for them in the correct color.

If I decide to keep it, transfer over from my wrecked 940 wagon:
IPD sways
Pioneer head unit
Squirter block rebuilt motor(?)
Tethys and adapters
Intrax springs
Gauge-pod and gauges

Later:
R/C/R tails
Glass moonroof from 960

Those are Tethys - a Volvo wheel - with 32/38mm spacers front/rear.

I'll put them on the sedan once they get new tires.

Worked on this today.
a612f6c1.jpg

Upside down in this pic. Made to fit on the shelf in the trunk.
Caulk is curing tonight - more pics later.

Tweeter Project

Wanted to add another new/old audio component to the system. I've had these since ~1992.

77cc9812.jpg

Want to put these big hockey pucks into the stock dash location...
52d0083c.jpg

df32e324.jpg

Should fit with a little massaging.

Take them apart:
6fbb4b78.jpg

11956014.jpg

Desolder this:
aee75355.jpg

For the record, the stock tweets are pretty beefy - don't feel bad if you decide to keep them. In fact, I may switch back depending on how bright/harsh these titanium domes turn out to be.

Find out the 'pucks' are way too big and decide to fit them without the case.
d8124afb.jpg

Still too thick.
Bore this out and drill new holes:
73d8405a.jpg

87f39fc4.jpg

Bottom mount it:
3abccd75.jpg

64dcbf0e.jpg

Cleaned up the base, painted the screen and cloth, reassembled.
09daad42.jpg

Now I just hope they fit!

Clarifying post:

Those tweets were pulled from my 94 940. Imagine my surprise when I found this in my 92 940:
8d8777a7.jpg

Pulled the grill and found this poop:
ff60e122.jpg

Hellz yeah! Whizzer cone!!!

Explains why the vocals seem to come from the dash more than the doors.

Daughter has been driving this one since her car was totaled by a drunk driver.

And I think it ran a little too hot and popped the fuse (HG).

It's going to get the rebuilt squirter motor from my 94 940.

Should I swap in the trans from that car too?
I know I should do the rear-end and I just might since I don't have a pesky job to get in my way these days.

Finally got around to pulling the head on the white car... good news is the head and gasket are fine. Bad news is the piston melted! :omg:

7f406529.jpg

5eba9889.jpg

6aa170c4.jpg

420b5386.jpg

Any idea what might have caused that?

Tethys are on this car now. Bought an engine hoist and leveler, motor removal begins as soon as I can find a day/evening to myself. Hopefully Tuesday. Then it's time to snatch the motor from the 94 wagon.

The Coustic Bass Pumps and an amp (or 2) will be added after it runs again. Already ran 4Ga wire and 3 sets of RCAs to the trunk. Might be overkill, but whatever.

Back