• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Squirterizational mod RENTAL KIT for INCREASED PERFORMANCE

HA! thats really clever. thats frickkn awsome idea. should be put in the performance section for sure, and the "ideas better than mine section"

HA! thats really clever. thats frickkn awsome idea. should be put in the performance section for sure, and the "ideas better than mine section"

I thought it was a good idea. When I first began the idea of a loaner kit, one of the numerous and anonymous moderators moved it to the FOR SALE SECTION in a typical, brilliant, well thought out move.:grrr:
One of the ones that can read, and is not on some moral crusade eventually moved it back.

Now I hear I am "the least professional person" on Turbobricks.

Odd we had this idea from me as a sticky to benefit everybody who asks, and we had the extensive GEAR RATIO charts here after I rather pointedly commented that NOTHING could make or break a performance MOTOR like a good or bad set of ratio can, so after YEARS of boys yacking about the lousy Volvo boxes, the Getrag 265s with their very nearly as bad if not worse ratios and me HARPING on how good the cars feel with the specific T5
gearset which we call the "2.96 first" gearset, one of the other equally serious minded members Janne "Wagner" from Finland did a nice series of charts showing gearing and axle combos. It was a real plus to have it here for ready referal and i was proud to have contributed to two sticky ideas.
Alas the gearing chart has been moved someplace, more moderators not understanding what's good information and what's just jawing.

The squirterization mod kit is supposed to make a short visit to cold wet Pommieland soon, if we ever get it back from the boys in the Mid-west that have it.

i am quite aware i have had it for too long...i have been waiting for tamnakz to pick it up(he told me he talked to you John)..but apparently he doesnt want it...let me know where to ship it, its all packed and ready to go...

i am quite aware i have had it for too long...i have been waiting for tamnakz to pick it up(he told me he talked to you John)..but apparently he doesnt want it...let me know where to ship it, its all packed and ready to go...

I think Volovo -slyder might actually be ready for it. Rich Deeming in CO has just gotten pistons and rod so he has time to get the block bored.
I dunno--lets see who is hottest for them.

By the way, everything work out OK?

yessir! worked out great. i am not sure if it was supposed to come with the "tap handle" or not, but it wasnt in the package when i got it..so its not being shipped out with one...idk where it got lost along the line.

...and me HARPING on how good the cars feel with the specific T5 gearset which we call the "2.96 first" gearset

I had one in my Xr4ti.
The ratios feel so perfectly spaced it's amazing.
That's what my 240 is getting, for sure.

GIMME DAT ****!!!!

for real though i could actually use this thing like the day it arrives.

so if you could ship that Bbitch to me that would be Tits...

Ok if everybody agrees and we can sit in a circle and sing John Lane's favorite song Kum-bye-yah, while holding hands, all 10 verses, campers! Then we can see if there is some why all of us can come to a satisfactory agreement so the the nice boy Volvo-slyder can sort of cut line if he promises while covering his heart and looking at the American flag that he won't sit on the kit cause Richie in Colorado also wants the kit.
Can we all be in agreement?

Richie?
Slydie?

Oh and didn't all the nice boys in merrie ol' England want to borrow the kit too?
That'd be nice....

Well i only need it for 1 week tops so when i receive it i will be usin it the following weekend or possibly after work during the same week i receive it,
but my engine is ready to be SQUIRTIZATIONALED!!!

so lemme get it you ricers..

I've got three blocks I want to do whenever we get it over here, but I'm in no hurry. I can't speak for the others though.

John,

Can you update your instructions to include how to use a drill motor. There must be some confusion on this matter and it is taking months for some to figure this part out.

Ok, I have the kit as of 7/19.

The block is at the machine shop awaiting delivery of the JV rods, pistons, squirters and kit tomorrow. I would expect to have the kit in the mail by the end of this week at the latest. to Volvo-Slyder.

Back