• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Autolite XS62 Spark Plugs

lummert

Question about Autolite XS 62 XtremeSport spark plugs. Shows they will fit Volvo Penta and are same heat range as NGK BPR7ES. They are Iridium-Platinum construction with projected tip. I have 12 of these that I picked up a few years ago at 50 cents each but figured they may be too cold a heat range for my 88 765 Turbo. Ran a set of Autolite XP63 spark plugs for 30k miles. Tried running a set of XP64's but they caused pinging, so figured they were too hot a heat range.

Question is...is Autolite XS62 too cold a heat range?

Cross reference:
NGK BPR7EIX: Autolite XP63, XS62
NGK BPR6EIX: Autolite XP63, XS63

Last edited:
A six heat range plug in ngk equals a W7 range in bosch. The W7 bosch is supposed to be the same as autolite 64. So an autolite 62 would equal a bosch W5 heat range.

Are you using this in a higher boost than stock engine? If so two ranges colder is usually good. Good for when you have a hotter ignition like a MSD.

I've used NGK7 and NGK8 heat range plugs without any issues in both b230ft and high compression b230s. The XS62 should work just fine.

A lot of these plugs come from the factory with a .040" gap. So you have to change it to a more Volvo system friendly .028".

I usually run a W6 range plug in the turbo.

Back