• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Cadillac Brakes on a Volvo 240

You brake too hard and the shell of your car is going to peel off the frame. Making a mention to your large brakes on an old car.

You mentioned it could possibly fit 16's. I am wondering if they'd fit GTA/X wheels...

You mentioned it could possibly fit 16's. I am wondering if they'd fit GTA/X wheels...

We did try to for them on 16's at the Hoosier Volvo meet but they don't fit. You would need 17's with fwd offset+spacers/adapters or a rwd wheel with not a lot of dish

What drawing where you looking for again? Spacing of the caliper bolts?

Basically yeah, also where the caliper bolts are relative to the wheel center. Or just the bolt pattern of your adapter since I know where 240 bolts are.

Do you know how far out from the center the farthest part of the braking package sits? I'm just curious if the wheels I'm thinking about will fit these brakes or not.

I will be bolting the brakes up with the lines tonight if I get time. I need to figure out some sort of grommet or clamp that goes into the bracket on the strut tube. The lines are stainless braided with a protective clear sleeve.

If I go through with making this a kit, I am thinking the price will be about $250 shipped. A lot of that cost goes into the brake lines, but you won't have to spend $100 from IPD on brake lines either.

Kit would include:

1. Pair of caliper adapters. CNC machined from 6061, hard anodized...gold maybe?
2. Four M14 flange bolts
3. Pair of stainless braided brake lines
4. 2 banjo bolts with washers
5. 2 Allen head junction block plugs
6. Instruction manual with pictures and a guide
7. (Optional) Quality 11mm flare nut wrench.:)

You would need:

1. Volvo S60/S70R Brake rotors (~$50 each from rock auto)
2. A pair of Cadilac ATS Brembo calipers, Right and Left (~$120 each brand new from rock auto or Tasca)
3. Brake pads for a S60R/V70R, Subaru Sti, or the Caddy ATS ($30-$120 depending on what you get )
4. Caliper hardware (~$10 from Napa)

Reuse your original caliper bolts.

All said and done you would be looking at $620-$700 for a big front brake kit.

Who is interested still?

Still would like the mounting bolt location of the caliper, either relative to center or relative to the 240 holes when you get a second.

Current price @ rockauto.com for ACDelco 1722592 and 1722593 looks like $191.79 each + shipping. That's like %59 more expensive. Is it cheaper somewhere on there and I'm not finding it? 2013 Cadillac XTS.

And Tasca lists GM 22760594 and 22760595 for $183.44 .

^--- ignore the above. Here's the correct info:

ACDELCO 1722586 GM 22760030 Front Left HD Power Brakes(J55) $128.79
ACDELCO 1722587 GM 22760031 Front Right HD Power Brakes(J55) $128.79

P/N for Left = 22760031

P/N for Right = 22760030

I did check gmpartsdirect, but Tasca had the best pricing I could find.

Last edited:
All I want is the bracket, I can get the rest cheaper locally with people I know from other business. I will gladly just buy the brackets or the plans too.

Back