home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > Mechanical > performance & modifications

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2014, 04:40 AM   #301
MadDog_945
Våga Vägra 8V
 
MadDog_945's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Lower Saxony
Default

no.. Vids !!!
MadDog_945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 04:56 AM   #302
Trevor+
Volvo Friends
 
Trevor+'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: tir porthladd triphlyg
Default

Trevor+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 12:08 PM   #303
JohnLane
Board Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Northern Washington
Default

She's for sale and I've been asked to bump this one.

Since reassembly after the roll she's mostly painted stripe locally.
__________________
Overkill is consistently more fun.
JohnLane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 02:38 PM   #304
JohnLane
Board Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Northern Washington
Default

Goodness...

Two years since this has been bumped. Life is in the way.

She got a turbo befitting. Martin in the UK did it up for me. For the first time she has a turbo that got put together using real math in sizing. We like this. Six pounds of boost by 2000. Much easier to drive smoothly. 30lbs of boost is in the sweet spot of the map. She needs a clutch. Big power makes a three disc clutch slip.

Had installed a windshield. Then one of her snow tires got to be dropped so that I could avoid an unpleasant get-together with gravity. One bounce.... Need another window.
JohnLane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 02:46 PM   #305
sisu_slay
Board Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Default

have you thought about redoing some proper exhaust headers for the new turbo? if you do, please let me know, been wanting to see if someone would build me some and it's got your name written all over it. XD
__________________
sisu_slay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 02:58 PM   #306
JohnLane
Board Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Northern Washington
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisu_slay View Post
have you thought about redoing some proper exhaust headers for the new turbo? if you do, please let me know, been wanting to see if someone would build me some and it's got your name written all over it. XD
Find yourself a pair of exhaust manifolds for Eagle Premier/Dodge Monaco from '88-91 with the even-firing three liter PRV six. They are nice enough. Use the chop-saw to whack the head pipe flanges off and weld a mild steel .120" wall pipe to it with the burly MIG welder. This is how I'm feeding the turbo. Works great.
The manifolds Volvo fitted are horrible.
JohnLane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 02:58 PM   #307
culberro
Ronald Culberbone III
 
culberro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Portland, OR
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLane View Post
Goodness...

Two years since this has been bumped. Life is in the way.

She got a turbo befitting. Martin in the UK did it up for me. For the first time she has a turbo that got put together using real math in sizing. We like this. Six pounds of boost by 2000. Much easier to drive smoothly. 30lbs of boost is in the sweet spot of the map. She needs a clutch. Big power makes a three disc clutch slip.

Had installed a windshield. Then one of her snow tires got to be dropped so that I could avoid an unpleasant get-together with gravity. One bounce.... Need another window.
Your timing of this post and having a running car, is an odd coincidence with the upcoming Olympus Rally.
culberro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 02:59 PM   #308
JohnLane
Board Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Northern Washington
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by culberro View Post
Your timing of this post and having a running car, is an odd coincidence with the upcoming Olympus Rally.
Hmmmm....
JohnLane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 04:25 PM   #309
sisu_slay
Board Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLane View Post
Find yourself a pair of exhaust manifolds for Eagle Premier/Dodge Monaco from '88-91 with the even-firing three liter PRV six. They are nice enough. Use the chop-saw to whack the head pipe flanges off and weld a mild steel .120" wall pipe to it with the burly MIG welder. This is how I'm feeding the turbo. Works great.
The manifolds Volvo fitted are horrible.
of course, im well aware of your setup JL, what I'm thinking of is a pair of scratch built headers like Matt in Canadia Land did to his 780 shown here:

http://forums.turbobricks.com/showth...=139051&page=2

i really wish i could buy his but he hasnt been on in 3 some odd years
sisu_slay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 10:28 PM   #310
Canuck
Frozen Garage Hell
 
Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lethbridge, AB, Canada
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisu_slay View Post
of course, im well aware of your setup JL, what I'm thinking of is a pair of scratch built headers like Matt in Canadia Land did to his 780 shown here:

http://forums.turbobricks.com/showth...=139051&page=2

i really wish i could buy his but he hasnt been on in 3 some odd years
They're hanging on his garage wall. Saw them not that long ago.
Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 10:40 PM   #311
sisu_slay
Board Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Default

could you please ask him to pm me, i want to make my bertone Slay howl! i have a 3 inch borla xr1 sitting in the trunk for about 8 months now
sisu_slay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 10:27 AM   #312
Cromlech
Board Member
 
Cromlech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Gloucester, ENGLAND
Default

Oh my did somebody say 30lbs boost? And mention a nice properly sized turbo?

So in for updates , John. :-)

I've been linking to many old threads and posts of yours in the last year or so. Mainly when someone on a UK Facebook group asks about B280 tuning and/or forced induction.

Cromlech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 01:37 PM   #313
JohnLane
Board Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Northern Washington
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cromlech View Post
Oh my did somebody say 30lbs boost? And mention a nice properly sized turbo?

So in for updates , John. :-)

I've been linking to many old threads and posts of yours in the last year or so. Mainly when someone on a UK Facebook group asks about B280 tuning and/or forced induction.

She goes good.... Need bigger injectors and remap to get up there. Throttle based boost control will be part of this.
JohnLane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 01:38 PM   #314
pat244ti
Moderator
 
pat244ti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Santa Cruz CA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLane View Post
Hmmmm....
I still remember all the stuff from studying I did last year for co-driving

[I still have those two things between my legs too]
__________________
- Patrick
83 244ti - rally
73 1800es - resto mod cruiser
83 244ti - road race
79 262c - road race in the works
08 c30 T5 - daily recce car - M66, Lifted 1.5'', 215/65/16 Falken All Terrains on Method MR502's, iPD skid plate
97 Dodge Dakota 5.2 4x4
70 Ford F100 2WD 351M/C6
pat244ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 03:18 PM   #315
Cromlech
Board Member
 
Cromlech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Gloucester, ENGLAND
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLane View Post
She goes good.... .
Excellent.

I have to make do with a stock n/a B280E myself.
Cromlech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 12:09 PM   #316
JohnLane
Board Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Northern Washington
Default

Bump for the one curious about PRV fun.
JohnLane is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:47 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.