• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 ?86 245 AC parts?

Lando

Arthur Digby Sellers
I’ve got an 86 with factory R12 AC. After the AC compressor failed and the clutch pulley failed, I’ve replaced the compressor with an 93 R134a AC compressor. I’m going to clean all the lines. I need to also replace the condenser and dryer. Are these the right parts?

Condenser 3540647
https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-part...mbz0yNDAmeT0xOTkzJnQ9YmFzZSZlPTItM2wtbDQtZ2Fz

Dehydrator 1370235
https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-part...mbz0yNDUmeT0xOTg2JnQ9ZGwmZT0yLTNsLWw0LWdhcw==

Edit: I remember reading that the r134 condesor is more effective. Is this the correct part number? Will I be able to use the lines I have?

Last edited:
No, your lines are not going to work. You are going to need the line from a 93 240 that goes from the compressor to the condenser. The line that leads from the condenser back to the evaporator is likely going to have to be custom made.

No, your lines are not going to work. You are going to need the line from a 93 240 that goes from the compressor to the condenser. The line that leads from the condenser back to the evaporator is likely going to have to be custom made.

What are the differences? I assume the fitting type on the condenser end of the lines are different?

What are the differences? I assume the fitting type on the condenser end of the lines are different?

Too many differences to take the time to spell them out. Bends, length, end fittings. The location of the fittings on the parallel flow 1993 condenser are different enough it makes it difficult to use the 1991-92 lines, let alone the lines from a completely different design. If you look at your R-134 compressor you will notice the fittings come out in a V configuration. The R-12 compressor fittings are parallel. You can likely use your current R-12 low pressure line. Everything else is a no-go without major modification.

Back