• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

"The white" Volvo 945 turbo -98

First view of your Vaggen, very very nice! I'm planning an extra trans. oil cooler which might well end up similar to yours. I presume your custom bracket is attached above the bumper attachment framework? However, I thought the extra cooler was to be installed and junctioned into the TOP 8mm steel line. It's my understanding that the top line is the hot one coming from the AW71.

Keep on rocking' the white bricks! Polar White in my case.

Thanks!:)

The bracket is attached to the bolt that holds the fender chock absorbers in the frame.

The bottom line is comming from the transmission, the top is from the cooler to the transmission.

Well I doubt the Greenbooks were tailored to various markets. Double checked and found the routing including a diagram for the "extra oil cooler". You are correct about the lower line entering the ordinary radiator cooler.... the bottom port is FROM the AW7X and the top port is TO the AW7X.

What appears to be different in your install is the position of the two; from the greenbook the
"ordinary cooler" is entered first, then at the TOP port the exiting oil is routed to the "extra oil cooler". It seems to me you have this sequence reversed where the "extra" is now first.

If you like, I can scan this page and host it for your review.... or, you can just believe me :-D

Ref. Greenbook TP 31642/1

I have changed the positions on purpose, the oil was to cold in our climate if installed in reverse. Now the oil is coold down first and heated up a little bit in the stock cooler before going to the AW71.

Sweet wagon project.

I have a classic sedan with the m90, and I'm thinking about buying the bsr chip+wastegate, does it change the behaviour of the car much compared to a manual boost controller? what about reliability? I'm sitting on 310.000 Km right now.

Sweet wagon project.

I have a classic sedan with the m90, and I'm thinking about buying the bsr chip+wastegate, does it change the behaviour of the car much compared to a manual boost controller? what about reliability? I'm sitting on 310.000 Km right now.

I can realy rekommend the chip and wastegate from BSR. I have tested both bleed valve, Dawes device and stronger wastegate actuater. The actuator is easely recommended and gives the best boost curve. I have had this in my car now fore about 70.000km without any problem.

I'm planing to do some modifications on the crankcaseventilations.

Going to change to a B20 oilcap and put a bit siloconehose on to that and finaly a chrankcacefilter on that.

Volvo 940 b230fk

Hi I am new to the Volvo scene and looking for advice on getting my 940 turbo a little more powerful.
Thanks

Really nice job! This thing is super clean and I love the white/black contrast!

Last edited:
Bought me som extra spare-parts for the future...

Filter and gaskets to the AW71L from VParts:

Rubber spacers to the rear springs from Fordonsdelen:

Back