• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

MikeSr.'s 242 V-8 project

Oh I had no idea they covered it. The song itself is a classic that kids down in Peru (myself included) are taught to play on the flute.

Back to regularly scheduled V8 programming...

Open cutouts

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0piDqcWXcx4" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I drove this thing for the for the first time yesterday, and it's pretty quick. Sounds amazing with the cutouts open too. We still have a few bugs to work out, but we did manage to do a pretty mean burn out. Good times

Holley switchover

Ok, so I bought a Holley Terminator X system. Removed the MS2 and MSD 6012 and PLX wideband.
Plugged in the harness, ran power, ground and switched power. Holley comes with a Wideband. Cranked right up. Idled funky, until I reconnected a plug wire I had taken off- oops! Came up and idled smoothly at 850 rpm. Took it for a shakedown cruise and let it learn. Very happy with driveability. It seems to have smoother throttle response and I can tell it?s learning. It stalled a few times coming back to idle , but after a while it settled down and didn?t stall. I used some Autex pressure sensors for fuel and oil that read out on the handheld.
I got stuck in traffic and coolant temps no higher than 205* in 90* ambient.
I am really pleased with this setup.

Upgraded my wheels to some Super DTMs. Added some Kaplhenke extended wheel studs( thanks BNE!)
Some Mishimoto tuner lugs and some EBC Yellowstuff pads. Looks better.

Last edited:
Thanks- tires are 215-35/18. A nice stretch- should be able to drop it another 1-1/2” after adding some downpipe clearance.

Back