home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > General > showroom

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2017, 04:13 PM   #1
91racked
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Default Do you recognize this wheel?

I reaaallly like these wheels, I want to get a set, if anybody could tell me what they are that would be fantastic.... Saw them on a low 242 on my way to work and now i cant stop thinking about them lol. Thanks!

91racked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 04:26 PM   #2
Jack
junkman
 
Jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: The Ass Cheek Of History
Default

that's a VW wheel
__________________
85 245 | 82 242| 75 245| 69 145 |66 122

Quote:
Originally Posted by toms_elleck View Post
I regretfully agree with Jack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 122power View Post
make k-jet great again.
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 04:35 PM   #3
Harlard
Pro Sneaker Peddler
 
Harlard's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: PDX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
that's a Peugeot wheel
FTFY

https://www.oponeo.co.uk/steel-wheel...-9697#19715690
__________________


Herr Harlard am Erstens

1979 242 DL

Quote:
Originally Posted by t8fanning View Post
My knob has a big chunk of steel on it

Last edited by Harlard; 08-11-2017 at 05:16 PM..
Harlard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 04:36 PM   #4
Dirty Rick
Board Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Cornholio, OR
Default

I think they are custom made.
Strange offset.
Usually the wheel center is welded to the center hump, those are welded on inside of the hump on the inside lip.
Dirty Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 04:42 PM   #5
Harlard
Pro Sneaker Peddler
 
Harlard's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: PDX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Rick View Post
I think they are custom made.
Strange offset.
Usually the wheel center is welded to the center hump, those are welded on inside of the hump on the inside lip.
Cut, flipped, rewelded, painted. Common in Sverige.
Harlard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 04:43 PM   #6
Jack
junkman
 
Jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: The Ass Cheek Of History
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlard View Post
I know it was a joke
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 04:45 PM   #7
Harlard
Pro Sneaker Peddler
 
Harlard's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: PDX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
I know it was a joke
This isn't OT.
Harlard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 04:47 PM   #8
Jack
junkman
 
Jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: The Ass Cheek Of History
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlard View Post
This isn't OT.
oh excuse me sir.

don't point your fingers at me
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 04:49 PM   #9
Tuff240
240 Ninja
 
Tuff240's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Central California
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlard View Post
That link you posted shows round holes. The OP's pic has oval holes.
__________________

-Patrick
Tuff240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 05:00 PM   #10
centason
Wine enemas for all
 
centason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ft.Mill, SC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuff240 View Post
That link you posted shows round holes. The OP's pic has oval holes.
It was a joke.














Peugeot 407.
__________________
Member: TBCCS
Death to all who stand in the way of obtaining the freedom of working people!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240240 View Post
Just remember this guys. Im related to cocaine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forg View Post
they were pushing sloppy poo up a steep hill with a pointy stick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFridge View Post
You sons of bitches are the biggest thread de-railers in forum history.
Any forums history.
centason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 05:15 PM   #11
Harlard
Pro Sneaker Peddler
 
Harlard's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: PDX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuff240 View Post
That link you posted shows round holes. The OP's pic has oval holes.
I shall be executed on the spot.
Harlard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 05:15 PM   #12
matt b
Board Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Tucson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91racked View Post
I reaaallly like these wheels, I want to get a set, if anybody could tell me what they are that would be fantastic.... Saw them on a low 242 on my way to work and now i cant stop thinking about them lol. Thanks!
Check out this thread: Explanation here

TL;DR: Wheels are originally 17" Peugeot 407 steelies, widened to 8½" front and 9½" rear. Tires are Falken FK452, 215/45-17 front and 235/40-17 rear.
matt b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 02:29 AM   #13
91racked
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Default

I saw your link to the new peugot wheels. I dont really care about the deep dish look, i just want a 17" wheel with holes like that.

Will these just fit or do they need spacers? https://www.oponeo.co.uk/steel-wheel...-9697#19715690



Other similar options? Im in the US.

Maybe something in the junk yard would fit?


I have the IPD lowering springs and swaybars...
should go for a 15" with a smaller tire?

Im after performance. Not looks.

I'm gonna be hanging it out pretty hard in the corners...
I don't want to roll any tires off the rim. And I dont want to rub.

or should I just pick out some s60 wheels? I dont mind buying spacers for them. I just prefer the steelie look.

Last edited by 91racked; 08-12-2017 at 02:49 AM..
91racked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 02:37 AM   #14
centason
Wine enemas for all
 
centason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ft.Mill, SC
Default

Like in the picture? No. Not that nice. There are diamond racing wheels, but those pictured wheels are 100x better. Dodge has 17" wheels. 55superbeetle had some on his 242. They weren't modified.
centason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 03:07 AM   #15
Tuff240
240 Ninja
 
Tuff240's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Central California
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91racked View Post
I have the IPD lowering springs and swaybars...
should go for a 15" with a smaller tire?

Im after performance. Not looks.

I'm gonna be hanging it out pretty hard in the corners...
I don't want to roll any tires off the rim. And I dont want to rub.

or should I just pick out some s60 wheels? I dont mind buying spacers for them. I just prefer the steelie look.
All the 15" tires will suck unless you go with a 225/50-15 DOT race tire.

You want it to handle well and you don't care about looks, but you want heavy steelies or stock cast aluminum wheels? Makes no sense.

Lightest 17x8 you can find with 235/40-17 sticky tires. You can squeeze 245 width tires on a wagon (you didn't specify what type of 240 you have) with out rubbing with some effort. Might rub occasionally on a 242, but if the offset is perfect it would be a light graze and shouldn't hurt anything.

And you'll never go as fast on the street as you can on a track, so your version of "hanging it out pretty hard in the corners" is most likely very tame.
Tuff240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 03:17 AM   #16
91racked
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by centason View Post
Like in the picture? No. Not that nice. There are diamond racing wheels, but those pictured wheels are 100x better. Dodge has 17" wheels. 55superbeetle had some on his 242. They weren't modified.
they can be 35 colors and rusty, I'll paint them lol
91racked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 03:21 AM   #17
91racked
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuff240 View Post
All the 15" tires will suck unless you go with a 225/50-15 DOT race tire.

You want it to handle well and you don't care about looks, but you want heavy steelies or stock cast aluminum wheels? Makes no sense.

Lightest 17x8 you can find with 235/40-17 sticky tires. You can squeeze 245 width tires on a wagon (you didn't specify what type of 240 you have) with out rubbing with some effort. Might rub occasionally on a 242, but if the offset is perfect it would be a light graze and shouldn't hurt anything.

And you'll never go as fast on the street as you can on a track, so your version of "hanging it out pretty hard in the corners" is most likely very tame.
Makes plenty of sense. I Don't care what they are made out of.. I just dont want to roll a tire off a rim for the THIRD time.
Not trying to crash here. And iim not trying to spend 3000$ for rims on a 350$ car.
also , 91 4 door.
91racked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 03:29 AM   #18
Jack
junkman
 
Jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: The Ass Cheek Of History
Default

.
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 03:31 AM   #19
Tuff240
240 Ninja
 
Tuff240's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Central California
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91racked View Post
Makes plenty of sense. I Don't care what they are made out of.. I just dont want to roll a tire off a rim for the THIRD time.

also , 91 4 door.
Sounds like you weren't running enough tire pressure.

17x8 or 17x8.5 Enkie RPF1's (use adapters) are pretty easy to find on CL. Strong and light. You'll want a set with high offset so you can use adapters. Something in the et32-40 range would work.

SSR Type C's would be great too, but they are a little harder to come by.
Tuff240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 03:40 AM   #20
91racked
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuff240 View Post
Sounds like you weren't running enough tire pressure.

17x8 or 17x8.5 Enkie RPF1's (use adapters) are pretty easy to find on CL. Strong and light. You'll want a set with high offset so you can use adapters. Something in the et32-40 range would work.

SSR Type C's would be great too, but they are a little harder to come by.
what, 40 psi isn't enough?
91racked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 03:56 AM   #21
Tuff240
240 Ninja
 
Tuff240's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Central California
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91racked View Post
what, 40 psi isn't enough?
If you are running 40psi, something else is going on. Cheap off brand tires? Chrome wheels? Something isn't right.
Tuff240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 10:07 PM   #22
okoye
Board Member
 
okoye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: west hartford, ct
Default

I have 215/45/17 on a 17x10 I keep my pressure between 40-45 and I slide the car when I get a chance. Never had a tire come off that had good pressure. The only time i had a tire come off was when the tyre pressure dropped to 5 psi
__________________
1991 Volvo 940se sedan m90 swapped, 17x10 oz fittistars, Bilsteins.
1994 Volvo 960 turbo b204ft m46

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
no one saw me with my little umbrella and sandpaper though.
okoye is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:59 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.