• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Portland Salvage Yards?

jfs356

I will be visiting Portland sometime this summer, just curious as to what if any, are good
Volvo salvage yards. Will also be visiting Bend...thanks...

Foster road Pick N Pull only has 3 240's.

Vancouver only has 1 240

Looks like slim pickins unless there is a swedish yard.

There are a couple of garages in NE Portland that stockpile volvo stuff

Am brand new to the Volvo game. However, I learned from my first post that ipd is based in Portland and has an event that's a swap meet / garage sale: https://www.ipdusa.com/blogs/463/2019-ipd-garage-sale

I live here so it will be easy to attend, but I don't know how flexible your definition of summer is.

I'm learning that finding parts for a 240 might even be more difficult than finding parts for an SJ Jeep!

The best selection used to be U Pull It in Damascus: not any more.

Now, as much as I hate to say it, the best selection of used Volvo parts can be found at Rich's Volvos Only at 2420 NE Columbia Blvd, Portland, OR.

Why do I "hate to say it?"

If you have to ask ...:roll:

Thanks for all the responses, yes 240s/740s/940s are now slim picking no matter where you are...Will check Row52, maybe Rich's while in town....

^Yeah, your fingers, after you've dealt with him...

The other three places in the PNW that are Volvo-only are RnR Auto, Northern European Auto Recyclers in Seattle, and Rainbow Auto Service. None of the three are that great, but are a bit better than dealing with Mr. Standow... Another option is to use your passport (or enhanced driver's license) and go onto Vancouver Island in BC. Chapman Motors in Cobble Hill, BC, still has a decent selection of RWD Volvo stuff. Prices are, obviously, not cheap, but they do have some of the more uncommon stuff.

Back