• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 Interior plastic reinforcement

hessam69

Has anyone successfully strengthened the door pockets and B pillar trims on a 240? I'm talking about putting some hard fluid (kind of like fibreglassing) on the inside of the door pockets and B pillar trims, so make them stronger because I cannot find new ones anywhere.

Thanks

There is a limited number of liquid 'sticky stuff' that will semi-permanently adhere to the plastic. Butyl is one or the current version of such; Urethane Windshield Adhesive. The urethane reinforced with a similar type plastic will make a pretty decent repair.

I used 2 part epoxy and a piece of sheet metal to reinforce my map pockets. Then I painted the insides with spray can bedliner. They look good and have held up great.

I used 2 part epoxy and a piece of sheet metal to reinforce my map pockets. Then I painted the insides with spray can bedliner. They look good and have held up great.

Also have used 2-part epoxy for plastics, like the Gorilla stuff, with a pieces of aluminum on the inside. It's not visible in the areas I've done and the pocket will last a lot longer.
Dave B

I super glued a cut down yard stick to the inside of the pocket, no more flex.
Yes, small piece of sheet metal would work, too.

I used S-glass and loctite plastic epoxy on the inside of my B pilar trim after it cracked to reinforce it. So far, so good.

Back