• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Thunderhill 2005 Pics

my friend ran in his Porsche 944 S2... but sadly, I couldnt go because my post-prom activities were not contusive with that.

edit: ooh, i might also know of the red p1800s

What a great day... except for the rain... wtf?! where did that come from? caused me to spun it twice in turn 6... other then that, the Hankooks were awesome! Car ran exceptional! I need to go back soon!

Turborg, awesome pics, but did you use the digital zoom? grrrrr, the pics you nabbed of me (car 74) are great pics, but they're all fuzzy, really good shots though.
Slonick, was your friends 944 black, or was it red with a gray front quarter panel? The red one kept holding me up the first session, (how does he manage to drive his porsche slower than me? It's a porsche, on a track) grrr........... But the open second session I had more than made up for it.

Greenchunks said:
Turborg, awesome pics, but did you use the digital zoom? grrrrr, the pics you nabbed of me (car 74) are great pics, but they're all fuzzy, really good shots though.
Slonick, was your friends 944 black, or was it red with a gray front quarter panel? The red one kept holding me up the first session, (how does he manage to drive his porsche slower than me? It's a porsche, on a track) grrr........... But the open second session I had more than made up for it.

it was red with a white front right fender... it was in ****ty shape with a bunch of problems and he wasnt pushing it at all...

and cmon, volvos are fast.

Unregistered said:
it was red with a white front right fender... it was in ****ty shape with a bunch of problems and he wasnt pushing it at all...

and cmon, volvos are fast.

Since when does my car have lots of problems?

I wasn't pushing it because it was my first track day.

Asshat.

I can't believe that other thread was from 2003, now I feel like an idiot... Damnit... So does anyone know if those wheels that I posted were just polished Novas?

I have a buttload of pics and videos from the trackday, and once I have a computer [posting this from a friends place] I'll upload them and post them.

It twas a great time, and thanks to everyone who let me ride w/them! I've been saying this for two years now but next year I'll run my own car for sure.

Last edited:
Enough arguing.

Here are the pics from 1 of my memory cards.

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/brickster151/davis_and_thunderhill_05&page=all

I've got more of em, the ones from Thunderhill are at the bottom.

Brickster151 said:
That would have been a REALLY cool shot if you got the panning speed right to get the back in focus with the front blurring away. I usually don't shoot panning shots with a car coming towards or going away from me because it takes such a slow shutter to differentiate the front from the back with the amount of blur. Otherwise with just a slight bit of car blur at one end, it doesn't have the motion effect, only out of focus.

The 944 just leaks lots of fluids. Oh, and the starter is dying. Other than that it's been pretty good.

I admit, the first run out I was pretty slow, i felt pretty nervous since I was the first car out in my group too. I think I did pretty well by the end.

Anyways, back to the program, the only pics i have right now are of the 968 and my car, but this is a Volvo forum, so i'll just keep those to myself.

Back