• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

MOMO R sport Wheel, have a ?

83' Turbo

ok well i was looking at buying this wheel off ebay last night but was out bid.
ce_1.JPG

11_1.JPG

26_1.JPG

fe_1.JPG

and then i found another one that seems to be the same but...its different?
1zwkrir.jpg

1zwkrqs.jpg

1zwksgh.jpg

the one im looking at now doesnt have the MOMO on the botton right like the other along with a couple other things that u all can see.

the first wheel the guy told be 300 buy it now

the one im looking at now is 200 shipped

why the price difference and why doesnt one have momo?

thanks alot
~Chase

They both look like the old momo alpina wheel. I noticed them up there too, i think they are weird looking. Ive seen alot of those wheels in bmw's, albeit with a BMW horn button.

I have that exact same wheel for my 1976 BMW 2002. It is indeed an Alpina wheel made by MOMO. It's ugly as hell but I got it for $12 at the yards.

They are different years. I don't know why MOMO was removed, maybe because Volvo wanted it to look more lika Genuine Volvo Steering Wheel??

The one with "Volvo" horn button and R-Sport with white on the right spoke is early-style, should have a different pad too, the earlier is much uglier than the later one (which is included with the later wheel)

The leather parts going from the rim into the spokes is though removed from the newer wheel.

I bought a NEW Momo wheel for $120 shipped and found a hub for around $40. I'd like to have an R-Sport wheel, but a 20 year old leather steering wheel just isn't going to be that nice most of the time.

towerymt said:
I bought a NEW Momo wheel for $120 shipped and found a hub for around $40. I'd like to have an R-Sport wheel, but a 20 year old leather steering wheel just isn't going to be that nice most of the time.

the sound of common sense talking.

i got a nice nardi for about ?20 and again hub for about ?30

To properly get it recovered (not a wheel skin mind you) is about $200+. But with a vintage wheel that's period correct for your car.....that's the price you pay.

Oh! did you mean 200USD for that steering wheel????

PHEW!!! That was a lot of money!

I used a Volvo branded leather wrap on my stock DL steering wheel. It was really nice. I would totally use something like that to recover a wheel rather than paying $200.

I bought a 3 spoke Momo wheel on ebay for ~$60 once because it was advertised as an "R-sport hub adapter". Well, there's no such thing as an "R-Sport hub adapter", it's just a Volvo part to fit the R-Sport wheel. There is no R-sport stamping on the hub adapter. But I made the mistake of ASSUMING that the wheel was R-sport...because how could he know the hub adapter was r-sport if it wasn't stamped r-sport???? Anyhow, the wheel was old and crusty, and the foam padding on the top half of the grip was detached from the rim internally and it was squishy, so it wasn't going to work for me.

Buy a new wheel if you can. Shop ebay for a while before buying. The one I got was brand new, still in original packaging, but sold by an individual for $120 buy it now, free shipping. It's ~175-200+ normally. Suede is nice, but it does wear down. Mine is smooth leather on the top and bottom, and perforated on the grips at 9 and 3. I like it.

socalsean said:
To properly get it recovered (not a wheel skin mind you) is about $200+. But with a vintage wheel that's period correct for your car.....that's the price you pay.

Any ideas where one might have this done?
I want to do mine.

For someone who already has a wheel, 200 to recover my rsport one is worth it versus 120-180 for a new one.

The hubs are probably "just" Momo hubs. But that's not too bad!
Anyway, in Sweden it's much cheaper to buy a "Momo" hub to 7/940 series from the Volvo dealer saying it should be to the "roma" steering Wheel, than buying a Momo hub from a Momo retailer (!!!)

Back