• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Boosted on a budget

Yeah I feel you. I didn't like and still am not sure about the tip. It seemed to look better in my mind.
As for turn downs, your car is nice but it's not for me.

Might just throw another muffler where the tip is and run a short straight piece out. That is less work and still effective IMO. More comments and suggestions will be good. Thanks for commenting guys! Help me not look sound stupid lol.

I think your exhaust is awesome looking. The longest bullet/glasspacks you can fit in the straight bits. It'll be quieter in idle and still just as loud/fun when you put your foot into it.

I personally like the sound of your exhaust as it is now.
As long as your interior and stuff isn't rattling ( like mine ) I would keep it.
Unless you're trying to go sleeper status and stay off the radar.

So with my budget minded build, I have some more updates. I bought a ghetto Ebay catch can for cheap. Apparently there is no internal baffling in there so I looked round my garage and found some stuff that I could use to help. Also the fitting that came with it were really small and didn't seem like it would vent well so I used some plastic ones from Home Depot.

I took a piece of hose that I was going to use as my catch can lines but ended up being too large for the nipples, then I drilled some holes in it to vent. cut the end so that it had a perfect fit and then epoxied it into place.

F76B27DF-5660-473B-AB28-1A1724F8F379.jpg

Went under the sink and stole the wifes last scrubby pad thing and wrapped it around the hose.

1FA249CA-82C9-4AE8-8EE3-15C9603BFC33.jpg

C41409C8-96C6-45FC-9B40-FF4EF68856C7.jpg

Found a nice hide out for it and mounted it into place to see if I liked it there. It fit so i kept it.

D45CF042-5B46-4777-9374-04A849C133E6.jpg

Here is the final outcome of the catch can to include the lines . Also I updated that blue silicon hose to a nice -10AN line. win.

C5201E83-26D2-4357-BFBF-FAC46449B286.jpg

Well thats all for now and as always comments are welcome.

Thanks for viewing.

Giving me some inspiration for my exhaust. Was looking at the same can for a muffler...

Too loud tho?

Giving me some inspiration for my exhaust. Was looking at the same can for a muffler...

Too loud tho?

Too loud by itself with full 3". Maybe another muffler along with it will help. Maybe I'm just getting old an it seems louder than it really is...

With our powers combined,..

Yeah I am looking for one just not sure. I am leaning towards a small billet style resonator to right where the cat used to be. Simple to put in too.

Yeah I am looking for one just not sure. I am leaning towards a small billet style resonator to right where the cat used to be. Simple to put in too.

I'd say that is probably a good location, and since you will be reducing the noise from the exhaust closer to the source, cabin noise will be dramatically decreased.

Make sure you align the tip and have it exactly where you want it and held firmly in place before welding in anything new. Spent hours building an exhaust for a Prelude, only to have some dingbat at a muffler shop hack in a muffler and ruin the tip alignment.

Back