• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Newbie Factory Wheel Guide...OMG its huge SORRY! nf56k!!!!!!

Does anyone know what models/years the Exclusive wheel came stock on? Here it is...

lego-1.jpg

Early 240 alloy wheels @1975-80 IIRC. It was a Volvo Accessory, so could find it on a 240 or 260 FWIW

A friend of mine wants to sell his set of them, with Pirellis included. They're in San Diego. I think he wants $250 plus shipping. If anyone is interested let me know and I'll hook you up.

They are fairly rare Volvo wheels to see , these days .

I've only seen a couple 240s in my area/state with those wheels on the car. IIRC they are 14"?

yeah, they were only used on the early 200's. AFAIK, they only came standard on the 262C Bertone as I previously said. The later 240s which are what we mostly see on the roads today are more likely to sport Coronas, or the 15" Draco.

yeah, they were only used on the early 200's. AFAIK, they only came standard on the 262C Bertone as I previously said. The later 240s which are what we mostly see on the roads today are more likely to sport Coronas, or the 15" Draco.

They did come standard on the early 262C, and the later 262C came with Coronas. After the 262C, Coronas were used on the 240 GL. Dracos came on 740 turbos.

ok, then instead of draco, it was Virgo on the 240 turbos?

virgo-turbo-15.jpg

my 740 turbo has the hydras, but thats because I put them on, replacing a bent set of Aries. :)

IMG8237-L.jpg

I think these rims suit this car _perfectly_

Agreed, nice match on the wheels. I'm pretty sure Volvo used Argent Silver as their paint for the Hydras (Volvo paint code 130, which is the same as your 740 silver). That's the paint we use when we refurbish the wheels, and it seems to match the original color exactly.

its not the same silver as the body. It looks to me like Wirth Silber, same as my BMW motorcycle engine and wheels, and most other European car alloy wheels (Benz, BMW, VW, etc) from the 80s/90s.

Anyone know if this wheel would likely be 14'' - I've got a set near me for sale on CL - they are off a 1984 244. What would a good price be? I ask because I'm considering putting them on my 945 but don't know if they would look right, or (if they are 14'') if I feel like buying 14'' tires.

110433_wheel.jpg

Does these even have a name?

These wheels are readily available, although finding these hubcaps and beauty rings in good shape is hit-and-miss at the junkyards. I feel like a normal price range for a set of these rims without tires would be $100-200, plus a bit more for the hubcaps and rings to be included.

Does these even have a name?

And there were several different designs of steel wheels and center caps with & without beauty rings, that were used on 240s . I know I have 3 separate types. Two look alike but difference is in the center of wheel.

There were several center caps used as well.

anyone got any idea what these wheels are called and in what size and offset? need something to fill the guards on my wagon and these are looking at the top of the pile for ones im deciding on
volvo_240_7.jpg

Back