• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Ian's 242, Maebh

Nice!! Love the hood. How did you go about moving the spindle up? Big press?

Thanks! Yes, in the end a press was used. After grinding down the tubes to fit the coilover sleeves and hogging out the spindle hole a little it didn't take much to press down from the top.

Been trying to drive the car more lately. Car is feeling pretty quick. It's an awesome feeling kicking the rear out and burning it up the road as I pull out of my driveway. It almost makes me wish I lived more than 1/2mile from work. The 25 seconds just doesn't cut it. :lol:

Just picked up some 75# Lucas injectors to replace the 95# ones. Started tuning with then yesterday.... Couldn't find any solid specs online for em, every site has a different flow rate. Is anyone eel running these? They have 01D129B etched in the side.

These new injectors are hi-z so instead of rewiring everythkng I jus made this adapter from an old wiper relay. It plugs right into where the resistor pack goes. Makes swapping injectors a <5min job.

I really need to add a flex pipe to the downpipe. The vibrations a are killing me. It jus makes me cringe.

Still working on the hood a little here and there. Still have a lot of sanding to do.

Ben- not yet, I was saving them for the 8.8 axle I have in the basement. Now I'm not sure what I want to do.

So I finally got up the motivation to replace the poor rubber hose to the water pump.

Other than that I haven't had much time to work on it. I was doing some tuning and trying to drive it daily until one of the fuel pumps went out on me. Tonight I threw in a new walbro 255. My fingers are crossed that nothing else major goes wrong because I'm going I try to make it down to king of Prussia for a meet Sunday.

New plan in the works. I was going to pull the '94 block and throw forged rods in but I think I'm going to be re-sleeving the b23ft block I have sitting under the kitchen table. I already have forged rods and pistons for it. Then a proper dyno tune will follow.

Thanks guys!!

York meet. I'll have to look into this, sounds like a good time. If I can get off work and the car is still running then I'd say that's a yes.

Garden hose?! :lol: Its silicone from Napa.

Replaced the fake cat with a spiral flow muffler this week and have been trying get rid of the annoying misfires. I think I got it mostly worked out. The car is running smoother than it ever has.

I also got my yellow block back from the machinist. sometime in the next few months I'll be swapping out the red for yellow and then its Dyno tuning time!!

Back