• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

The Ultimate carpet cleaner(get rid of oil stains)!!!

Way to go. I've had good luck with oxyclean in the washing machine for cloth seat skins. I will give the rest of your formulation a try in a spray bottle. Good work!

I always use this and I am never let down by it....

carpetstainandspotlifter.png

2NaOH + 2Al + 2H2O → 3H2 + 2NaAlO2 + 2,2,3,3-tetramethylbutane +Oc+Nh.........no but seriously here it is... (you need a spray bottle for this)

oxyclean - 1.5 tablespoons
ultra clean 2 - 1.5 tablespoons-------------- http://ultra-cleanii.com/
bissel carpet cleaning detergent - .5 cup
shout stain remover - .5 cup

pour these ingredients into a spray bottle and fill the rest of the bottle with HOT water. mix it until the solids are dissolved. I sprayed the spots pretty liberally and scrubbed them with a dish washing brush. Then dab the spots or rub with a white rag. I went over the bad ones twice, but they cam out almost instantly the first time, it didnt discolor my carpet either. I did all of my seats and carpeted areas...the pics dont do justice! ^_^

I'm going to recommend NOT mixing household cleaning agents.
Didn't you learn that in elementary school?

Power washer, laundromat's largest machine, then Scotchgard

After the high pressure washer, single carpet piece then goes to the local laundromat's largest, industrial sized washing machine with Simple Green.

When loading the carpet into the washer, be sure the soft side faces outward, so the centrifugal force blows the leftovers out- instead of in.

Hang to dry, then treat with Scotchgard- but the fumes are nasty- spray it out of doors.

Mixing a **** load of soaps and detergents doesnt mean you "made" your own carpet cleaner. It means your a sucker for gimmick products and ran out of money so you decided to use all the last bits if them together.

Billy Mays here to tell you....

Naptha...

I work in an upholstery shop. Don't tell me otherwise

kemikal,the stuff you just get at the home despot. the fels naphtha is just a weaker version of the naphtha,but the fels works great when you get grease from pickapart on your clothes that your wife just bought you and fast food ketchup from wendys because you came out of there starving and needed to eat before you pass out from the heat. I use naphtha when I get my greasy sweaty fingerprints on the banquettes when I install them,the only drawback is it smells really strong in the cars

+1 for folex!

But seriously, I wonder if this would **** up the rug meachine we have, might need to try this combo one day with the rug machine at home!

carpets are easy, take em to teh carwash and hang em up, add highpressure soap, rinse till the water dripping off is clean, dry in the sun for a day. smell great, feel great, look as good as they're gonna(not going to fix the sun fade)

and you get the added bonus of being to vaccuum underneath everything and get the car closer to factory cleanliness. you'd be surprised what gets under the carpet

Back