• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

B230f swap

nickoli

Hi guys iv decided to to engine swap in my 242gt to a b230f and have ordered a redline weber and manifold setup as my injection is going I'm going to cam, headwork,exhaust just all so I can start driving and enjoying the car! Main question to start my ball rolling is if I swap to b230f can I just plug harness conector on my 242firewall straight into plug on b230f engine harness?? I know my 242gt has one lug in middle of firewall but b230f has two plugs on firewall which is one in middle of firewall and one on passengers side of wall? Thank any advice is appreciated

I thought some1 on here may know??

There's only a few here who have ever touched a carbie ever...

as for plugging what into what, isn't your 242GT k-jet? Telling us more would probably enable us to tell you more.

But the only thing you can pleg whatever into is the other half a same system''K-Jet stays with K-jet, LH21.1 with 2.1, LH2.2 with 2.2 etc..

What manifold from Redline? - 2 x sidedraught 45s? That'd be the minimum I'd think about..

I'm afraid John's right, since the B230F engine was designed to be used with LH 2.2 or LH 2.4 injection there are far too many sensors/ignition computer wiring/distributor thingys that it would make better sense to convert your existing k-jet equipped B23E to use the carburettors. At least it will be plug and play and no need for extra wiring work.

It's kjet now as it's a 1980,but I was putting in a b230f and was going to use the 240 engine harness for it but needed to know if the 240 harness will plug into kjet loom and if not I'll dig loom out of dash disconnect from ignition and use the 240 loom all the way?? Injection and wiring is old and ****ed so I'm going back to basics with carby setup,it has the downdraft single carby think it's 36/38

On electronic fuel injected B230F engines the ECU controls ignition and injection. Since you won't be using the injection system I still don't know how you will get the distributor to work since it is computer controlled and runs off the ECU, which you won't have. I'm not trying to discourage you (you might ask someone who has done this swap successfully) but it might be more trouble than it's worth. Have you thought of keeping the B23E and k-jet system? Usually it is very reliable and sometimes little things like vacuum leaks can cause big issues with rough running/stalling etc. But generally it is bombproof, it might need a thorough service/once over to get running well. If this fails you can add carburettors to your B23E engine easily.

It's kjet now as it's a 1980,but I was putting in a b230f and was going to use the 240 engine harness for it but needed to know if the 240 harness will plug into kjet loom and if not I'll dig loom out of dash disconnect from ignition and use the 240 loom all the way?? Injection and wiring is old and ****ed so I'm going back to basics with carby setup,it has the downdraft single carby think it's 36/38

Pardon my slightly more direct way of speakin/writing Fred, but what's wrong with the basic motor you have? And which B230?---You intending to have a peek inside the victim 230, or just chant some mantra and circle three times, spit over your shoulder to the East.....and hope to gawd the bugger is OK inside?
Cause if the B2? you have in there is knackered, whose to say theB230 isn't?

These days I'm older so my X-ray-vision fu is not strong like it used to be so I generally consider a motor ONE BIG QUESTION MARK until I've cleaned and measured things--everything--or or I previously built it and know its "pedigree"---and even then you might miss something (99% right sounds good until that one thing is something that just has to be perfect...and we've all done it if you do this nonsense for 30-40 years.

Now regard the tiny little microscopic wee DGV, bear in mind that original fitment for that was on little 1600cc cars..
You building a "max MPG car"?
I have build like scores and scores of cute little Ford V4, the little brother to the Cologne 2,3 and 2,6 and 2,8 Fambly....
I din't like DGV on those cause you pay for the manifold, buy the carbie, get a TALL filter, cook up some good linkage---and you don't get the second barrel start to open till first side is 2/3 throttle. Bugger that! Pay all that and I want to feel it now NOW! so I ised what came off 2,6 V6 Fords which was a synchronous opening 38/38 or for a little more "warmed up motor" I'd use what Saab said to use--which is what Ford V6 guys stepped up to a synchronous opening 40 x 40..
But that was on a 1560 or 1730 to 1815cc motor..

2300 is a good chunk bigger than 1600.. Think hard. (beer helps) (I hear you guys have been know to slurp one or 2 on the odd occasion.. And this sure is odd.)

The conversion to later management say LH2.2 is not at all hard. Requires hardly any swearing cause its "harvest outta that one there and stuff it in that one there..All you need is th set up.. It's more annoying rather than difficult.

I picked up a smooth nice running 240 that got hit in the front and seeing they have 14 more horses lol the brick needs everything he can get.. Carbys are for the b23a kjet,and the whole engine loom the works was going in later along with it's injection,have just found a ls1 engine complete for $1600 now just need the money and reweld engine mount an inch in and the fit in,sounds better in the longrun

I picked up a smooth nice running 240 that got hit in the front and seeing they have 14 more horses lol the brick needs everything he can get.. Carbys are for the b23a kjet,and the whole engine loom the works was going in later along with it's injection,have just found a ls1 engine complete for $1600 now just need the money and reweld engine mount an inch in and the fit in,sounds better in the longrun

Been done (yawn). What happened to "keeping it (sorta) Volvo?

Is this supposed to be just a drag car? V8s are hugely over-rated for anything except drag racing... And you can't fool me, I know there are a few actual turns on the roads down there.

Been done (yawn). What happened to "keeping it (sorta) Volvo?

Is this supposed to be just a drag car? V8s are hugely over-rated for anything except drag racing... And you can't fool me, I know there are a few actual turns on the roads down there.

Why not a set of webers, a good cam header and one of those 123 Ignition distributors? Then you could almost get rid of the brittle wiring harness. Just keep oil pressure, water temp, alternator and starter wiring.

If I kept my 400hp sparer on the road,I think an ls1 brick should stick even nicer :) just options as I'm the only one who touches my cars and would Neva pay for any work..so for me the easiest option is the best sometimes even a vg30det was another option

Back