• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

ARP head bolts 1993 b230f

If you look up the torque procedure for the old school Allen bolts you'll find they need to be torqued several times with heat up and cool down in between which means removing the valve cover at least once, easier to use the modern torque to angle head bolts that only require one round of torque and angle set.

The problem with the torque to angle bolts is that they stretch much more, and therefore give way much sooner. After a certain torque value is reached the bolt will only stretch, you won't get any extra clamping force, and if you go too far the bolt will break

If you look up the torque procedure for the old school Allen bolts you'll find they need to be torqued several times with heat up and cool down in between which means removing the valve cover at least once, easier to use the modern torque to angle head bolts that only require one round of torque and angle set.

I have 12.9 bolts in my 16v.. needed to retighten(130Nm) them after 100 kilometres as KLRacing.se told me.

So you can run just 12.9 grade allen bolts over ARP headstuds?

IDK if the spec is different between various ARP studs, but in the studs I found the spec on, the difference between ARP and 12.9 grade was way too small to justify spending on the ARP studs

We haven't seen a winter yet, driving conditions are better for my motorcycle than the truck.
I'm 36 years old, I've never seen a winter before with so little snow in the highlands.

We are only allowed to drive offroad if the ground is frozen and covered with snow

But there are companies driving with tourists up to the glaciers, for example these: http://mountaineers.is/

Back