• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

fuel system upgrades faq

Ok, so this is an old thread, but I found some info that may be helpful regarding the FPR's. Found on another site I don't have a link to, but here's the info anyway.

Doing some research the other night looking for adjustable FPRs I found the illusive 4 bar FPR.
Little did I know old Dodges, Daytona's, Caravans, Omnis, New Yorkers, Spirits & anything sporting the L4 2.2L 135 cid Turbo Engine had these 4 bar FPRs stock (OEM).
I just did a search for a 1988 Dodge Daytona Shelby & I compiled a list of companies that make this Bosch Style 4 Bar FPR.
The Mopar part # 4306015 437 (found at any local dealer)
Bosch Unit # 280 160 260
AC Delco # 17119253/or 217-171
Standard Motor Products # PR7
KEM # 143-602
Tomco EMIS # 21019
Napa Echlin # CRB219578
Borg Warner # 22823
GP Sorenson # 800121

Might make life a little easier to find a normal 4-bar.

gsellstr said:
Ok, so this is an old thread, but I found some info that may be helpful regarding the FPR's. Found on another site I don't have a link to, but here's the info anyway.

Might make life a little easier to find a normal 4-bar.

Actually, I have been looking at this myself. Summitracing has a regulator that goes on the Mopar cars that is adjustable. They go to about 4.4 bar. The only thing I see with them is attaching a hose barb to the end of it to attach to the return line.

Hi,

I need to change all my fuel line. Do you think its a good way to upgrade all the fuel system by the same time?

And by the way.. whats is the size fuel line may i chage for a good upgrade?

thanks !

i have a 2.0 lpt 163 hp engine and i am thinking to use s60R's injectors on my car is there any impedence or ohm differences ? i use a walbro fuel pump and a 3.5 bar fuel pressure regulator and my standard fuel rail i have a custom turbo kit built and a custom chip will be used with perfectpower smt 6 piggyback computer

Thanks for all this good information for all the users

just thought id mention about the bosch 403 injectors,they are rated at 504cc/min in the ford cosworth tuning world (my background) and are good for nearly 450bhp on the cosworth engine(i used them for an engine dyno verified 418bhp),and the 400's are good for in the region of 400bhp (flywheels figures,403's are grey in colour and 400's are light blue,they are known by their colours predominantly in the cosworth scene.). i hope this helps.

any advantages or disadvantages between running a 3bar fpr on a bigger injector rather than a 4bar with a smaller injector to get the same flow?

for instance.
i have 35lb @ 3bar high rez saab 9000 last 0 280 150 431 injectors i've been using for a while now on my +t using an 016 amm. I want to upgrade to the 3" 012 amm i have. would it be more ideal to swap to a 4bar fpr using the saab injectors or switch to the evo8 injectors @ 3bar?

Last edited:
any advantages or disadvantages between running a 3bar fpr on a bigger injector rather than a 4bar with a smaller injector to get the same flow?

for instance.
i have 35lb @ 3bar high rez saab 9000 last 0 280 150 431 injectors i've been using for a while now on my +t using an 016 amm. I want to upgrade to the 3" 012 amm i have. would it be more ideal to swap to a 4bar fpr using the saab injectors or switch to the evo8 injectors @ 3bar?

It's not about Saab or EVO injectors, it's about the design of the injectors. The more modern, the better they usually are.

in principle higher FP should get you better fuel atomisation, a nicer charge nebula.
but some injectors have problems dealing with higher FP, they have difficulty opening against the higher FP. The result is that they stay closed despite being activated. They lock up.

Bosch Generation3 injectors have a modern design and are know to have a very fine spray pattern and can still perform @ 6(!)bar.

just wondering if i understand this right, running the lh2.4 computer it doesn't matter what injectors i use? The computer will learn and adjust to them as i drive? i bought some slightly bigger white bosch injectors from the supercharged pontiac v6's. they look as though they will fit without a problem. thanks

I took some TBI injectors out of an early mustang and they are the 402s. they are 37 lbs/hr but they dont have the exact same style cap and feed as the volvo ones. same length, same green color but i am trying to figure out how to make them fit in my fuel rail. when i put a volvo oring on the bottom it wont go into the manifold... what do i do?

500dollar744ti runs that accufab adjustable FPR, as far as I know he loves it and has for at least a year or two.

Yamahapro, I don't know what injectors you have exactly, I just know about the typical CFI injectors that turbobricks is so fond of. That might be what you have, the ends are different but they're roughly the same diameter as the volvo ones, so the o-rings should fit just fine. You have to double up on o-rings to get a good fit, I forget what it is you'll have to search, but it's something like 1 spacer and 2 o-rings on top, 2 o-rings on the bottom. The Fjord ones don't have the same plastic pintle caps on the bottom like the volvo ones do.

Also, use Vaseline to help lube the o-rings up and help them slide in without tearing.

Back