• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Where is your filter?

If you want tons of heat soak then mount it the way you have it. Get pipe and move it to cool air. Yes yours is fail.

was here, but now after my homemade header it kinda comes straight out into the water pump outlet, so not sure how i'll pipe it out this time(but will hopefully get it to where the airbox was again)

133613016.jpg

Why is your fan between intercooler and rad? You like turbulence? Air spilling around the rad?

Why do you suppose OEMs try to duct clean cool air into the airbox..?

And seriously, get rid of all those American hose clamps, get to a junk yard and get OEM AWAB clamps..they can be cranked down until you break the screw mechanism and they still will not damage the hose underneath...
Get rid of that junk flat crap befor you either blow off all you pressurised connections or slice and extrude the rubber to death.

If you want tons of heat soak then mount it the way you have it. Get pipe and move it to cool air. Yes yours is fail.

yeah, because it's not going to heat up when the turbo compresses it.......

he probably won't see much of an increase in temps post ic

Pics please, and I know I'm waiting for new stainless piping. But again cut out hood, cut out highbeams and trimmed belly pan I have enough heat differal.

Why is your fan between intercooler and rad? You like turbulence? Air spilling around the rad?

Why do you suppose OEMs try to duct clean cool air into the airbox..?

And seriously, get rid of all those American hose clamps, get to a junk yard and get OEM AWAB clamps..they can be cranked down until you break the screw mechanism and they still will not damage the hose underneath...
Get rid of that junk flat crap befor you either blow off all you pressurised connections or slice and extrude the rubber to death.

This is not a bash/ pick apart thread learn to read titles. Pics w comment please.

Also coolant never reaches more than 198 and that's stop and go traffic on 90 degree day. Two speed fan ran thermostatic with a safety toggle override incase.

This is not a bash/ pick apart thread learn to read titles. Pics w comment please.

Also coolant never reaches more than 198 and that's stop and go traffic on 90 degree day. Two speed fan ran thermostatic with a safety toggle override incase.

Oh sorry, it wasn't the TITLE i misread it was the sub-forum:this is Showroom, I guess noticing horrible blunders and suggesting that you think about them is not the point of Showroom..

Edit: That's real pretty. You're special.:emo:

It would actually behoove you to listen to John. He was giving his form of constructive criticism. It may seem harsh, but its all sound advice.

yeah, because it's not going to heat up when the turbo compresses it.......

he probably won't see much of an increase in temps post ic

Cooler air= reduced compressor temps which in turn lowers IC temps. Get a temp gauge and tell me I'm wrong that cooler air wont reduce temps pre and post IC.

Oh sorry, it wasn't the TITLE i misread it was the sub-forum:this is Showroom, I guess noticing horrible blunders and suggesting that you think about them is not the point of Showroom..

Edit: That's real pretty. You're special.:emo:

If posting pictures on a forum of how you chose to run your filter isn't showroom quality then I'm really lost.

I doubt air filter placement will do much of anything on mostly stock, old tired engines IMO. There are many more things to be worried about than if your $50 K&N filter is getting the absolute coldest possible air. A few of those things being the stock intercooler and radiator sitting in the middle of the engine bay.

However in that particular case, I think the stock air box would be better than where yours is. :twocents:

Tucked over on the right. There's a hole cut in the inner fender there to let cool air in there. In the past I made a little shield to cut that area off from the rest of the engine bay, I might modify it to fit this setup.

IMG_0109_zps37727201.jpg

If posting pictures on a forum of how you chose to run your filter isn't showroom quality then I'm really lost.

Recognition of being really lost is the first step in getting un-lost, and it looks like you've made the first critical step... And seeing as how forums are about discussion and asking about how others implies a question as to how to do it, it seems that you were inviting comments and discussion....

Posting on "Showroom" maybe means to you showing off and nothing more. But it is a DISCUSSION forum..why act surprised and pretend you're all butt-hurt?

Now that you have some nice pictures of how some people have done their filters---and fans and inter-cooler and rad arrangements do you see how horrible your air filter and fan/intercooler/fan set up is?

Since you are obviously lost, why aren't you happy to get nice clear answers on areas that will HELP YOUR POOR CAR?

Back