• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Shes back!

Neil Peart

2nd gear burnouts...
Well after... err 7th months I got her

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1082325

and the new cardomain setup..dont tell me about the #'s. They are for whats now underway with the car.

Since, im now equipped with a lil more effort and tool/parts. I just did about 2-3 hours worth of service to her...That story is for O/T.;-) . The guy who had it, just really really wrecked her up...but ill fix it. The clearcoat is stripping because it sat so long!:-( New K-jet everthing...pump..yadda. gaskets and seals. More in O/T

I voted for 3" exhaust. You'll love the sound and throttle response

Pennybridge Pioneer said:
15.4 from the factory, eh?
well i have heard 3..from 3 diff well known knowledgealbe<< (excuse) bricksters...

15.4....15.6 and 15.8.

it might be 15.6.

Ive always known 15.8 since years ago, but, im thinkin it 15.6 or so. the intercooled ones, got 3 more psi=err 22-24 horse, in the right conditions,+ more boost(which im sure they did) could probally do a 15.5. 0mile from the factory.

Dont really matter to me though...the 242 is a fun car, but, to be honest, I'd rather have a 850R:-(

Neil Peart said:
well i have heard 3..from 3 diff well known knowledgealbe<< (excuse) bricksters...

15.4....15.6 and 15.8.

it might be 15.6.

Ive always known 15.8 since years ago, but, im thinkin it 15.6 or so. the intercooled ones, got 3 more psi=err 22-24 horse, in the right conditions,+ more boost(which im sure they did) could probally do a 15.5. 0mile from the factory.

Dont really matter to me though...the 242 is a fun car, but, to be honest, I'd rather have a 850R:-(

can't do pivot U turns in an 850 tho :-( but yeah. rwd volvo turbos are above 16 bone stock all the time

Pennybridge Pioneer said:
can't do pivot U turns in an 850 tho :-( but yeah. rwd volvo turbos are above 16 bone stock all the time

sadly the only ones tested, have 200K+ on them:-P . Trust me, run them right, def no 16sec car. If not those, i stand by 15.7-15.8. Tested by C&D and other places.

Still, 850R's just have that new car look, classy, perfect. Its not cool driving around town with my annoying smelly rusty car man. 850R, Chip, exhaust, rims, wheels. Your set. I have to wage war with my 242 to get it to accept boost.

The 242 does handle soo well...I must say, going around turns is soo fun...sorry.

Wanna trade!

850Rs supposedly run flat 15s right? And they don't. More around like 15.8 or so. The earlier turbos had less power than the later ones too, I'd say upper 16s. Which is still good compared to most of the sh!t people are 'modifying'(making fugly) ;-)

Body Massage said:
850Rs supposedly run flat 15s right? And they don't. More around like 15.8 or so. The earlier turbos had less power than the later ones too, I'd say upper 16s. Which is still good compared to most of the sh!t people are 'modifying'(making fugly) ;-)

i ran a 15.2 in my stock 850 turbo, you sir are wrong.

Volvo4Life said:
i ran a 15.2 in my stock 850 turbo, you sir are wrong.

well I do have a wagon. Perhaps that is it? I also just used a stopwatch. :-P

Bone stock as tested by C&D and European Car (or something thereabouts), the 200 series turbo intercooled cars ran high 16's.

Early, non-intercooled cars were in the 17's. Volvo's big thing with the 242 turbo back when it first came out was that it was faster to 55 mph than a BMW 318. 8+ seconds to 55 mph isn't exactly a screamer now-a-days. Back in the dark ages of the early 80's, when V8 Z28 camaros were barely breaking into the 16's, a 17 second 1/4 in a 4 cyl car was fast.

According to C&D, the non intercooled 242 turbo with a manual hit 60 in 10.1 seconds.
The intercooled 245 automatic hit 60 in 8.9.

Since there's no way we can take a bone stock, showroom example with under 50k miles on it to the track, magazines are the best we can do.

Woo hoo, I love being a magazine racer.

Overboosted745 said:
Bone stock as tested by C&D and European Car (or something thereabouts), the 200 series turbo intercooled cars ran high 16's.

Early, non-intercooled cars were in the 17's. Volvo's big thing with the 242 turbo back when it first came out was that it was faster to 55 mph than a BMW 318. 8+ seconds to 55 mph isn't exactly a screamer now-a-days. Back in the dark ages of the early 80's, when V8 Z28 camaros were barely breaking into the 16's, a 17 second 1/4 in a 4 cyl car was fast.

According to C&D, the non intercooled 242 turbo with a manual hit 60 in 10.1 seconds.
The intercooled 245 automatic hit 60 in 8.9.

Since there's no way we can take a bone stock, showroom example with under 50k miles on it to the track, magazines are the best we can do.

Woo hoo, I love being a magazine racer.

that seems awfully wrong

:-P .

I have ridden/raced many a 15/16sec car. I make quick toast of both. Like a 76-77' Z28 I pulled. Stock those things ran around those #'s. Then again, the 242 isnt exactly "stock"

Neil Peart said:
that seems awfully wrong

:-P .

I have ridden/raced many a 15/16sec car. I make quick toast of both. Like a 76-77' Z28 I pulled. Stock those things ran around those #'s. Then again, the 242 isnt exactly "stock"

eh yeah, a 1977 Z28, the pinnacle of the smog motor. In 1977 the camaro was running high 16's.

Back