• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Where to get these hose clamps?

Harry Tuttle

They are ABA and AWAB.

I have done some Googling and turned up some bags of 50, but nothing that fit my needs. The sizes I am looking for are in the range of 22mm and 26mm. I am well fixed with fuel line size.

Any leads?

Clamps.jpg

Go to any auto parts store and ask for fuel injection hose clamps. Specify fuel injection and the diameter you need (convert to standard if they don't have metric, as mentioned)

Go to any auto parts store and ask for fuel injection hose clamps. Specify fuel injection and the diameter you need (convert to standard if they don't have metric, as mentioned)

I've tried that. A NAPA came closest to actually having some. I was looking for some to replace the ones on the low pressure feed line, 19-22mm, which need to be destroyed on most every disconnect. Still the clamps they had amounted to lined worm screw clamps much too bulky to fit the application. And too expensive to "stock up."

I've tried that. A NAPA came closest to actually having some. I was looking for some to replace the ones on the low pressure feed line, 19-22mm, which need to be destroyed on most every disconnect. Still the clamps they had amounted to lined worm screw clamps much too bulky to fit the application. And too expensive to "stock up."

bummer. A NAPA local to me had clamps nearly identical to the originals (like the pics in the first post), not worm screw clamps.

bummer. A NAPA local to me had clamps nearly identical to the originals (like the pics in the first post), not worm screw clamps.

The NAPA I was in (out of town) had a knowledgeable person who showed me to the bubble packs out on the sales floor. There was an assortment, but none of the fuel line clamps were any larger than about 5/8". Like the OP, I have plenty of those. Same with that link above. They stop just shy of what we need. He went into the back to get the fancy one. I just used one of those plastic locking clamps that come with the fuel pump kits.

Hose Clamp Kings is looking promising, and those linked are stainless even. Looks like packs of 10 only.

Fake edit: As Art has pointed out, they don't go as big as I want.

I tried my local stores, including NAPA, and they all just pulled out a big fat worm clamp. Not sure how far to the nearest O'Reilly.

Thanks for suggestions so far.

Hose Clamp Kings is looking promising, and those linked are stainless even. Looks like packs of 10 only.

Fake edit: As Art has pointed out, they don't go as big as I want.

I tried my local stores, including NAPA, and they all just pulled out a big fat worm clamp. Not sure how far to the nearest O'Reilly.

Thanks for suggestions so far.

Yea, I see now they don't go big enough. Sorry about that, quick and dirty googling brought up a hose clamp supplier that I'd never heard of.

Listen, this whole system of yours could be on fire and I couldn't even turn on the kitchen tap without filling out a twenty-seven B stroke six... bloody paperwork. I'm surprised you haven't tried Central Services yet....

Listen, this whole system of yours could be on fire and I couldn't even turn on the kitchen tap without filling out a twenty-seven B stroke six... bloody paperwork. I'm surprised you haven't tried Central Services yet....

Ehh, I think I just saw the thread you intended this for. :lol:

Art, when following your intank pump replacement writeup like a year ago, I decided to use these clamps instead of typical worm clamps or the ones OP is trying to find. I found them much easier to use because I could just slip 90 degree pliers in there and take it off. Is there any reason I shouldn't have used these? The hose did not seem to slip and all and I have no leaks. I used them on the feed and return, still no leaks.
Spring-type-Hose-Clamp.jpg_350x350.jpg

/threadjack

www.walmart.com lists a pack of 10 clamps 21-38 mm. Also lists 13-19 mm with 10 mm width. Also 8 mm width, 16-25 mm, package of 100 for $36.38 or 10 pieces for $9.63

Last edited:
Back