• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1992 740 radio instal

nwisco2

Just a few questions I cant figure out when installing an aftermarket tape deck. In the back of the connector (that went into the stock radio) there are a few wires that I am not sure what they do. I researched but didn't find answers.

1: there is a white wire that is for "panel lighting". What is this? I have it disconnected but all my lights work. There is also a blue wire which I found is also for "panel lighting, not sure where it goes to. I believe I read these are for "reostat" - and +. What the heck is this? I initially thought these were related to the dash lights and how they dim. Again, I have all this disconnected but all lights work.

2: the power antenna has the green/grey wire. Than there is an orange wire that also is labeled for power antenna. Is this orange wire for the antenna up/down switch on the dash?

So at the end of the day, I am wondering how and were to hook up the dimmer wires (yellow/white), the rheostat wires (white and blue) and orange wire.

The new tape deck player has 3 wires I can potentially connect these to, but not sure how these relate to the other wires I am asking about.

Back