• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Adrian's '78 245 DL+16v

aye, that's with the kaplan quick bits and a power rack. middle hole. (giggity)

So I came in here with the intention of doing a sweet update, but honestly I haven't done anything big to the car in months other than drive the snot out of it day in, day out. Cleaned up a bunch of little things here & there, tightened some interior things, rebundled some wires, but basically have just been enjoying it all summer.

Played around with launch control, unfortunately without dropping spark it won't hold it without any load once boost builds, so it's a no-go until I rewire it. Makes awesome sounds and draws attention like a boss though!

Few things that need to get remedied once I feel the need to tear it apart:
- open diff is so much fail. ;_; it'll lay two stripes in a straight line, but that doesn't really help me where I need it.
- clutch is so much fail ;_; if I give it more than about 3-4psi in third or fourth it doesn't stand a chance. keeps the tranny alive though!
- got a little oil moisture from the oil cooler sandwich plate, one of the o-rings must have given up the ghost. I grabbed an RX7 oil cooler from Cam, so I'll probably redo the lines at the same time I fix that.

edit:// it'll run through 4th fast enough to hypothetically top out on chuckanut. hypothetically.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FoKGUwv1KH8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

herra dorifto'ed the first run and ****ed it up like a boss. did OK, managed to not come in last in C1 on street tires, so I'll take it.

note pucker at 0:41, and also the limiter yelling at me that anytime I want to shift would be just dandy at 1:26.

Hoopty ran great all weekend, codrove with my dad on Saturday, and then today was an open practice, so we had a key party. People giggle when they drive it, apparently it's fun or something. :e-shrug:

Wow that's a small lot. Don't the Seahawks have a football stadium with a parking lot somewhere?

Aye, unfortunately washington as a state isn't real big on motorsport. :-(

We've got packwood for SCCA nats, which is nice, but it's a few hours away, and this lot is visible from our office. :)

Nice obstacle course. Jumps, shipping containers, piles of pipes....exciting!

That car would be a lot different on a big lot. I suggest you find one.

Aye, unfortunately washington as a state isn't real big on motorsport. :-(

We've got packwood for SCCA nats, which is nice, but it's a few hours away, and this lot is visible from our office. :)

Just tell them that WDCR has an arrangment with the Redskins to use Fed Ex field. I'm sure they would stand up to the challenge of at least equalling that deal. Just tell them: "All the crappy NFL teams are doing it to generate extra income." :-D

They used to have autox at one of Boeing's parking lots, but I think they don't anymore. There are several others around here, but I like the Bellingham autox because it's smaller and isn't run by douchebag control freaks.

Nice obstacle course. Jumps, shipping containers, piles of pipes....exciting!

That car would be a lot different on a big lot. I suggest you find one.

You should have seen the flaming ring jump, that was gnarly.

They used to have autox at one of Boeing's parking lots, but I think they don't anymore. There are several others around here, but I like the Bellingham autox because it's smaller and isn't run by douchebag control freaks.

Yeah, CSCC is probably the most laid-back group in the world, out of the 60-70 entrants there's usually only one guy who takes it serious enough to get grumpy or stressed. You can pretty much ask anybody for a ride, hell, if you ask nicely and buy beer you can usually get a drive.

So I wheeled the hooptay into the garage today, since I've got almost a month and a half before the next autox I can attend. The dipstick tube is loose and there's oil all over the block down there, so the intake mani comes off tomorrow or so to see what's up there. Also planning my attack for the winter. Big thing is T5, but sketching out a possible rewire of the engine bay and painting it white to actually be able to see things. I'd like to get methanol while I'm at it, so when I get it all back together I can book some dyno time and see what it'll do when I up the boostus.

DEM ACTION SHOTS
rthw83.png

6062615585_7a576ae502_z.jpg

6063170558_9c27263322_z.jpg

6063171122_6f31d32b01_z.jpg

6062609363_2e669f9a9b_z.jpg

6063168906_64ff284284_z.jpg

Photoless update of glory!

- I upped the boostus to 10lbs, and am now out of injector. 1000ccs might go in this weekend.

- I took a crapton of datalogs out in the county, and 50-120 goes by in ~8 seconds according to said logs. I have no clue if that's fast or not. :lol:

- Having a bitch of a time getting my cruise throttle opening accel enrichments decent, the ones where you roll gently into it. My big accels are hunky-dory, but little ones it just stumbles. If I set the TPSdot threshold down to like 0.5, it'll pick up little the gentle cruise blips and I can get some more fuel in there, but it also picks up noise so it hits accel/decel when I don't want it. Ideas?

- Practicing launches with launch control seems to have clearanced second gear nicely, it howls like a good m46 should. The axle is also whining. :zeeall:

- I've got 16 degrees of timing @150 kpa - I don't hear any ping on the det cans, should I even touch this, or just call it good? 10.5:1, stock junkyard b234, I'm pretty hesitant to play around here too much, but I might be leaving a bunch on the table that I don't know about.

So the plan is:
- Injectors, new axle, methanol, and more boost, in that order.

Oh, I also got a little wide-angle lens, so the last autox of the season's in-car cam should be better than the rest!

plug your first tpsdot bubble back towards the left line a little, and maybe increase the tps lag in inputs a little?

I got a ricer bov, I can shift hard now. :e-shrug:
293505_857929550400_25901816_41370559_215941437_n.jpg

also, <strong>ACTION SHOT!!11one</strong>
166904_874939068190_25901816_41532424_2009504647_n.jpg

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AvKws_k3ItM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back