• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

extended strut studs

spiffy926

Does anyone know where I might get some longer studs to press into my upper strut mounts? I want to raise up the front of my 240 a couple inches with a spacer.

Nice tip on mcmaster carr, this is my next favorite site now!
They even have acme threaded rods for a free bench vice I got.

Unfortunately the only fastenal I know of on cape is being completely re-merchandised so it is impossible to find anything until they get the store put back together.

Is there any reason I can't just use bolts in place of the studs?

What do the spacers look like? Kind of interested just to see what you are doing. I know what you are doing, just want to visualize it in real time.

I have yet to determine exactly how I'm going to make them, but I'll probably end up cutting a bunch of plates to the about shape of the ipd strut reinforce plates, stacking them, and welding them together.

I'm going to start with some of these:
http://www.mcmaster.com/#7786t72/=123ig2c
and bore out the center with the oxycet torch, and drill out the bolt holes.
I probably won't weld them all together but rather stack them and torque the **** out of the bolts. This way I have some adjustment in the future, if I change tire size or add a heavier engine :-D

Also if anyone has some of those IPD strut reinforce plates sitting around, it sure would help to have some measurements, like the overall diameter, and the diameter of the center hole.

I am guessing the overall diameter would be 6" but that was just from me looking at the top of the strut tower, and the bolt spacing.

Last edited:
Back